MTG

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

BrainWalker
✔+

MTG

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:10 pm

So, I've got these Magic: The Gathering cards. A lot of them. But, I haven't played in over a year. I figure, "hey, I could probably get something for these.". So there you have it. I've decided to sell my collection.

HOWEVER. Before I go to Ebay or some comic/card shop or someting, I was just wondering if any of you guys would be interested, or know anyone who would be. Not that any of us ever seem to have much spare cash on hand :P

At the very least, I could use some selling advice... I'm not sure if I should just offer the whole thing, or sell the rares seperately from everything else, or sell the rares and the uncommons on ebay and the rest to the shop, or what. This is all probably due to the fact that I just decided to do this today. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Archmage144

Re: MTG

Unread postby Archmage144 » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:03 pm

Check http://www.anycraze.com and you can get an idea of what certain cards are worth, rares in particular. I don't know what all you have, so I can't say what the value of any collection you have is. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:43 pm

Dude, that totally reminds me. I have a metric assload of Pokemon cards not really doing anything other then taking up space. Maybe I should consider selling some.

...granted, I'm totally afraid to see what they're worth at this point, considering what I paid for half the damn things in the first place.

No, I am not proud. <p>

"Carrying a ham into a room, Mr. Connery says, 'hon mono.' It basically means that the ham he carries is genuine or real. We expect nothing less."</p>

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:08 pm

... I have way too many cards I need to sell. Pokemon, Starwars, Gundam Wing, Magic... ugh. <p>

Clothes do make the man. As naked people have little or no influence in society.- Mark Twain.

Nice donkey punch Cornflake, but I am not like the other boys you usually truck with, as they are gay, and I usually am not! -Kevin, ButtlordGT
</p>

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:55 pm

I have a shitload of M:TG cards. But I don't think I'll ever get the balls to sell them, since they were a big part of my childhood. And yes, I DID get beaten up a lot.

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:20 pm

Well, selling wise I'd advise to sell the most valuable cards seperate, but leave the ones you don't think people will buy readily in sale with the majority of the cards.

I've seen people do this and get upwards of $300 or so, depending on the size of the collection.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:44 pm

Who has gundam wing cards? Gimme. Don't hesitate, don't think just gimme. Gimme now and no one gets hurt. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Nekogami Character Pantheon--Deviant Art Gallery--LiveJournal</div>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">Words to live by:
OMG PRIAM: ninja sex would be neither felt nor seen by either partner
OMG PRIAM: each would just suddenly need a smoke
Choark: Good luck there. You'll have to shit out darkness and send people into oblivion.</span></p>

Return to Discussion Forum