I don't know whether to be pissed, or merely disgusted.

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Rainbow Fright

I don't know whether to be pissed, or merely disgusted.

Unread postby Rainbow Fright » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:42 pm

Disclaimer: Nobody's forcing you to read this. If you're offended by anything I might say, turn around and leave NOW. No whining, no spamming. I don't wanna fucking hear any of it. Thank you.

My mom's barred me from attending my nephew's graduation. Wanna know why? Because she didn't like the shirt I was wearing. It's a black t-shirt I bought on my trip up to Salem, and it's got a pentacle on the front, an explanation of what a pentacle is, and what each point stands for. No dripping blood, nothing lewd, just a simple pentacle. Harmless. But since my mom's on her FUCKING HIGH HORSE again and she's gotta kiss the asses of my nephew's religious fucking FANATIC of a grandmother and the woman's equally brain-dead offspring, I'm not allowed to see my nephew graduate. You probably would have barely been able to see the damn thing under my coat, but she threw a hissy fit all over the place and started spewing all this shit about how "offensive" a pentacle is.

My sister has no problem with it. He's HER KID, not mom's. My NEPHEW has no problem with it. But does MOM care? No. Only HER fucking opinion counts, because she's the Queen of all Bitches, and whatever she says goes. And she's probably going to lie and say I didn't come because I didn't want to. Knowing my sister though, she'll tell them precisely why.

Now I know a lot of you'll just say "Why didn't you change clothes?". The answer's simple: I don't like backing down to her. You should all know that by now. I don't like changing the way I look just to please the majority. If you can't accept me as I am, that's too fucking bad. I don't need you.

You know what? I hope my nephew remembers this. I hope he remembers what a narrow-minded bitch his grandmother is, and it comes back to bite her in the ass later on. I really can't wait for that. <p><div style="text-align:center">"Hey mother look at me,
I made my connection
As I'm steppin' into heaven
Hey, don't you pity me
I'll put on perfection
As I'm steppin' into heaven"
- Zilch,"Into Heaven"</div></p>

Choark

Re: I don't know whether to be pissed, or merely disgusted.

Unread postby Choark » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:11 pm

There are times when i see the other side.

There are times when I try to see the other side.

And there are times I say Fuck It.

Ya mother ws low and way out of line there, and I honestly think you have a full righ to bitch away. In fact I'll give advice Pervy gives sometimes. Wench. Her Head. Phyical Impact. Sorted.

Really though. Fuck sake.

KraKeN

Unread postby KraKeN » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:44 pm

From what I read of you bio your 22 surely it doesn't matter what your mum says? <p>
<div style="text-align:center"> Image<br />"Now apparently just apathetic."</div></p>

Rainbow Fright

Unread postby Rainbow Fright » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:53 pm

I'm 21 actually. It just says I'm 22 because my birth year is 1981. And while it would be nice to disregard her completely, I live in her apartment, rent-free. That means I'm not an independent entity and unless I'd like to get thrown out on the street, I can't tell her to go fuck herself.

...yet. <p><div style="text-align:center">"Hey mother look at me,
I made my connection
Hey, don't you pity me
I'll put on perfection

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:25 pm

Yet indeed. e.e; <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "YOU SEE THE MIGHTY DAMARAMU'S BRAIN IS VERY COMPACT!" -- Damaramu
-=- "Don't worry Mink, I'll be good excess baggage!" -- Pia
-=- "But I'm a slime half!" -- Princess Vena
-=- "OH BY THE SEVEN GODS IT'S A MECHANICAL BIRD! But it's so...small..." -- announcer guy
-=- "Demons don't care about story continuity!" -- Doug Finn</span></p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:27 pm

*hugs*

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:29 am

I was going to advise you to fuck her and her inane opinions and go anyway, but that last post kind of explains why that might not be such a great idea.

Although, in your situation... I would be SORELY tempted to fuck her and her inane opinions anyway, and just be there for you nephew like the caring, sensible, NOT INSANE person you are. But then, I have a bad habit of not thinking things through. *shrug*

Also, a note to grammar nazis: Don't get anal on me about the inconsistencies in this post. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:43 am

Quote:
and it's got a pentacle on the front, an explanation of what a pentacle is, and what each point stands for

I'd like to know this. o.o

Also, this is stupid. However, I suggest that you be the better person and not get bitter over it. Instead, look at her very sweetly, and say, "I don't agree with you, and you're hurting me. But I forgive you."

Ardent Psuedo-Christians HATE when you use actual Christian principles like forgiveness and tolerance against them. =D

Then be with said nephew every moment of the event that isn't graduation itself ^_^

Current Music (Because I wanna be Cool like FD): Dead to the World, Nightwish

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:28 am

To my understanding 'pentacle' is the symbol for 'protecton'. who in the mighty HELL finds something that is supposed to 'protect' offensive?

Jesus.. <p><div style="text-align:center">
<span style="color:black;font-family:verdana;font-size:xx-small;">.:StarDragon Studios:Star-Dragon.net:Livejournal:S-D.Net Oekaki:.
</span>
</div></p>

Rainbow Fright

Unread postby Rainbow Fright » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:00 am

Copied off the shirt itself:

"The Pentacle is a symbol of wisdom and protection in the religion of witchcraft also known as Wicca. The points of the star represent the four elements crowned by spirit. The circle stands for protection by the God and Goddess as well as the eternal cycle of birth, death, and rebirth." [/quote]

Top point of the star is Spirit, top left is Air, bottom left is Earth, bottom right is Fire, and top right is Water.

And as to who finds it offensive, a majority of people who believe that it's a symbol of Satanism no matter *what* you say do. This includes my mom, and the aforementioned brain-dead religious zealots. <p><div style="text-align:center">"Hey mother look at me,
I made my connection
Hey, don't you pity me
I'll put on perfection

Sicvic

Unread postby Sicvic » Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:48 pm

yep, most of the people think that a pentacle is a sign of satan and shit, when really its an amulet of protection to the loved ones (I think, Im not so sure, gotta learn more abot Wicca). But as I alway say parents are here to fuck things up and pissing one's off, that mainly the reason I dont talk to my mother. <p>______________________________________________________
"Remember kids with a great power becomes a great oportunity to ABUSE that power"
Image</p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:58 pm

I hate how people confuse pentacles with pentagrams all the time... Get your damn symbols straight!

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:20 pm

from Dictionary.com
pen·ta·cle
n.
A five-pointed star, often held to have magical or mystical significance, formed by five straight lines connecting the vertices of a pentagon and enclosing another pentagon in the completed figure. Also called pentagram.

ofcourse iit could be wrong. <p><div style="text-align:center">
<span style="color:black;font-family:verdana;font-size:xx-small;">.:StarDragon Studios:Star-Dragon.net:Livejournal:S-D.Net Oekaki:.
</span>
</div></p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:24 pm

They fail to mention that a pentacle has one of the points straight up which is pointing to God. Pentagram has one facing downward which is said to be pointing to Hell and such.

Not sure if this is correct, but from what I've remembered, I don't think I'm wrong.

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:00 am

Calling geometrical shapes evil is about as smart as my grammie flipping out and telling me I'm going to hell for reading Harry Potter.

Which she did. <p>|---------|

O_O

I am wearing delicious donuts on my face, and if you've got something to say about that, you're a goddamned racist.

As my great and powerful leader and teacher, Master Walnut once said...

Go to hell.
OHDEAR.

"I found that honkey in a cracker jack box!" - Me.</p>

Return to Discussion Forum