Otakon and ME

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Choark

Otakon and ME

Unread postby Choark » Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:55 am

I have done lots of saving and thinking and praying and hoping and stuff over this. Mostly until now when anyone has asked I've had to say "No, I'm not coming" cause that was where I basically stood on the whole thing.

Typically near the last minute things have turned round for me, hurrah. Though I bet this is annoying for some, espically people who like to plan things out.

In other words I now have the money to goto the Baltimore Otakon convention. =D

However I am an idiot ={ and want to talk to people about it first, like how to register, where can I find out how to get lodgings and book them and I'd like to ask Jak when and where he's taking off for good young America, how much it'll set me back and all that.

So unforantly many of you will possibly have to put up with my company through this thing. Though if you're lucky I've left it too late and won't be able to make it.

On a more postive note, Hurrah, I have money! =D!

Jak Snide

Re: Otakon and ME

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:27 am

Righty.

Firstly, you'll need a plan of where to fly out to, and where to stay and so on. One option is to fly to Baltimore, and grab one of those great "set price, cram in as many people as you can" rooms. However, the cost of a plane ticket for just 3 days in the US....

You might be able to find some kindly soul to put you up for a while. I'm not going to suggest anyone myself, since it isn't my place to do so. However, if you do get such an offer, you'll get to hang with at least a few peeps from RPGWW, and get a chance to check out other aspects of the US. Such as ridiculously cheap and large oven pizza.

As for the money for the ticket, it won't be cheap. A return will probably cost somewhere between £300 and £500. I'm not sure, though, and you can probably find a cheap deal somewhere. Of course, you have to keep where you're flying to in mind. Someone else is probably better suited to talk on this particular aspect than I am.

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:35 am

Lodgings!

It just so happens that we have space in our room, if you'd like. As it turns out, Lex can't come, and Shan is staying with Dia I guess, so it's just me, LMB, and Dave (FFFan). Whether or not DWSage wants in is unknown, but I'm not holding my breath. Anyway, three people so far, and the room has two double beds, non-smoking. Plenty of room.

IM me (leave me a message if I'm away) if you want in, and I'll get back to you with prices and what have you.

Oh yeah. Barring any unforseen expenses, I'll probably get a bunch of pocky and bring it with me. So free pocky, if that counts for anything. <p>
QUOTES!

shermbob700036: kazzaa is stupid and the reason there doing it is becouse all the death <--referring to the supposed "shutting down" of kazaa

"Yay! Happy greek sex time!" ~LDC

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a pinãta, hiding among the candy and hoping the kids don't break through with the sticks." ~Master Tang

"Whoa! Whoa! Okay, you are now firing a gun at your imaginary friend near 400 gallons of nitroglycerine!" --Tyler Durden</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:46 am

Well lodgings has been sorted fairly quickly and the trip will cost me about £500 getting there and back by our good friends Lunpoly for the weekend. About, still gotta be sorted but that sounds about right.

So the only thing left to sort out is the actual pre-Reg of the ticket for Otakon.

Then for Thursday Friday Sataday and some of Sunday in August, you'll all have to face the wraith of Choark =D ehehehehe!

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:50 am

wah. ._. now lex is sadder that she will not be attending. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">
Have you ever spent days and days and days making up flavors of icecream that no one's ever eaten before? Like chicken & telephone icecream.

Delirium, in Brief Lives[i][/i]
</div></p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:23 am

There there, Lex. There there. <p>
"It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again."</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:46 am

*huggles Lex*

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:04 pm

OMG FLASH MASTAH CHOARK WILL BE THERE! Image

I demand Cho discuss Yuffie, Rikku and Bridget wainess with me at Otakon. Image

*huggles Lexy* Poor lex. :{ <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:24 pm

Did I mention that it kicks SO MUCH ASS that Cho will actually be coming to Otakon?

NO?

Well, it does. Seriously! <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Choark

Whee for update

Unread postby Choark » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:50 am

Well I went and talked to people today about Plane costs and all that, the cheapest from Manchester was £613.20p of which £80 was tax. Wheee. Also having trouble regestering online and it seems I'll have to send a cheque through the post. Which means going to the bank and sorting it through there as they accept Dollar cheques only so of course I haven't any laynig around.

Which means paying them to do it and having to wait for it to be done which could take any where inbetween five days to two weeks and could cost me anything between £8 to £100 to get in done. . . Which I thought was nicely vauge.

Good news is I'll be in America for nearly 3 weels =D and have a place to stay and am much looking forward to it. I have three Future Flatmates and three Hotel Room Buddies so far and am much looking forward to coming.

So WOOOOOOO!!! Going to RAWK so damn Hard!!

I just wish it was justy a little cheaper to do these sort of things O_o;;

Sicvic

Re: Whee for update

Unread postby Sicvic » Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:37 pm

Image You lucky bastards, I wont be going to otakon anytime soon, maybe in 10-15 years from now (seriously)..............................................................................................................................Image Image Image Image <p>______________________________________________________
"Remember kids with a great power becomes a great oportunity to ABUSE that power"
Image</p>

Return to Discussion Forum