does anyone here...

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

pd Rydia

does anyone here...

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri May 30, 2003 1:32 am

Does anyone here know Javascript and want to teach a Diane, preferably via posts a la Neko's JPN threads? <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "YOU SEE THE MIGHTY DAMARAMU'S BRAIN IS VERY COMPACT!" -- Damaramu
-=- "Don't worry Mink, I'll be good excess baggage!" -- Pia
-=- "But I'm a slime half!" -- Princess Vena
-=- "OH BY THE SEVEN GODS IT'S A MECHANICAL BIRD! But it's so...small..." -- announcer guy
-=- "Demons don't care about story continuity!" -- Doug Finn</span></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: does anyone here...

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri May 30, 2003 11:09 am

I took a class in Javascript, passed with an A, and I still don't know a damn thing about Javascript.

I hate programming. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

SorataYuy
The dark-haired miscreant

Unread postby SorataYuy » Fri May 30, 2003 2:11 pm

I took a class on HTML and have forgotten most of it, including the Java part of the course. And a class on Visual BASIC Programming, got an A in that, and haven't made any programs since. Isn't it fun how much you forget that you paid money for to learn?>_<

E Mouse

Unread postby E Mouse » Fri May 30, 2003 2:35 pm

Don't you ever read Dilbert?

You don't pay money to learn stuff. You pay money to a 'teacher' who then forces you to memorize all kinds of stuff you have a 75% chance of never using again. You also have to put up with potential sadism or irrational expectations by the teacher. It's a perk. For them, at least.

And then when you're finished with the class, instead of finally getting to blow his head off with a wrist-mounted thermonuclear bomb, you get to have the teacher give you a diploma or certificate, which you then present to your boss and he replaces with a Certificate of Excellence - AKA folded paper towels.

... as for my knowledge, I'm in the same kind of situation - I took a course on minor HTML last summer, but I am now inept once more. And javascript I've never even touched. Sorry. <p>-------

E'S QUOTE OF THE WHENEVER:

"I'm here to burn the lollipops."</p>

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Fri May 30, 2003 9:21 pm

I really wish I could find my programming notes... I can't remember anything from my classes either. <p>

Clothes do make the man. As naked people have little or no influence in society.- Mark Twain.
</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri May 30, 2003 9:25 pm

Sora and anyone else who might be confused: I'm interested in Javascript, not Java. :{ To my knowledge these are two entirely different things. <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "YOU SEE THE MIGHTY DAMARAMU'S BRAIN IS VERY COMPACT!" -- Damaramu
-=- "OH BY THE SEVEN GODS IT'S A MECHANICAL BIRD! But it's so...small..." -- announcer guy

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri May 30, 2003 9:45 pm

Not entirely unrelated, but certainly unrelated enough that you don't need to know any Java to learn Javascript. I recall that long ago Neko posted a link to something of an HTML tutorial in the fanstuff forum, and that it contained information on Javascript, if that helps. Perhaps you could get the link from her. <p>
I AM A CHEF. MY MISSION IS TO COOK FOOD.

That was a recipe for kicking your ass!</p>

SorataYuy
The dark-haired miscreant

Unread postby SorataYuy » Fri May 30, 2003 11:36 pm

Not confused. I've heard Javascript refered to as just Java, and I learned some of it. Have also forgotten it though, but I think I can dig up the reference sheets the teacher gave us. Expect results within the next 24 hours (after I tear my room apart...)

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:34 pm

Well, I know Javascript well enough to read and write it, but not well enough to teach it. -_-

So I can't help you there. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

SongstressEnlil: I think boobs are the lesser of two evils.

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:34 pm

Phooey. =/ <p>

Anubis

Unread postby Anubis » Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:46 am

Well you can have a look at my JavaScript notes here. But basically, the way I learn a language is use a tutorial and immediately apply what you learn to some exercise ;)

Edited by: Anubis at: 6/2/03 3:47:05 am

Return to Discussion Forum