Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP)

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP)

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:36 am

For people who were thinking about maybe checking this out, I definitely recommend it for the script alone. The translation is beautiful, and it sounds medieval without being like THOU ART and stuff. I'd even go as far as to say it develops a unique voice for itself. The story has also been expanded from the original 16-bit game, all the cut parts were re-added in, so the story is very fleshed-out, and the characters are all very-well done. No annoying, energetic 16-year olds acting bad-ass here! The music arrangement is probably the first arrangement of 16-bit music that I've actually enjoyed more than the original. It's really beautiful. Anyway, I can't recommend this game enough. I checked it out in Japanese, but then went and bought the English version when I saw some screenshots, and it was the proper choice to make. Highly recommended A++++

Oh, I completely forgot to add: they've streamlined the battle system too, making it much more playable, and rather unique, I might add, so it still stands out among other SRPGs. Stuff flows way faster too.
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP)

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:35 am

All that stuff in the first paragraph is great, but it's really the last couple sentences that make me give the most of a shit.

But I don't own a PSP.
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:18 am

That is a shame. I actually picked my first PSP up a week ago (to play this game and others I've been wanting to) for $105, with a free 4GB memory card. That was on ebay. So I think you can get them for pretty cheap now.

Now that I'm farther in the game, I've really been able to see just how fun and engaging the battle system is. Classes level up, not units, and the enemies scale with you, so it really takes things away from the grinding aspects of the original game and focuses on pure strategy. There are also the skill points to worry about, and this is one of the few games I've seen where there are just an abundance of useful, interesting skills you want to pick up, so it adds to the addicting aspect. The chariot system that lets you rewind battles to a certain degree also really helps out. There is also crafting, which I didn't really NEED in my Tactics Ogre, but hey, it's there. And it allows for more spoils from battle, which is a good thing, I think. It's always great to see a big list of crap you picked up after battle versus the 4 or 5 items you got in the original.

The computer AI is retarded, though. Especially if you're trying to save an NPC, I had to reset many times. Those are the only times I've died so far, when I failed to save someone because they suicidally run toward a group of four enemies while they have ONE HP remaining, but I'm still only in chapter 2, so it may get harder. But it's definitely an A+ game. Some of the lines just make me smile because they're so well-written, witty, and full of character.
Last edited by Molokidan on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:26 am

I recently picked up a PSP from Amazon as well. It took a few days to figure out that the reason it didn't work was a screwed up battery. The new battery I ordered from Amazon doesn't fit right and as a result, I have to insert something between the UMD hatch and the battery casing to get UMDs to mount properly and stay that way while I play.

Don't buy used PSPs kids. The cheap stuff on Amazon is evil. (Fun fact! The descriptions for official batteries and third party knock offs like mine are identical! No store in town sells the PSP 3000 series battery for less than $50!)

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:53 am

Yikes, good thing I didn't do that. I bought mine as a refurbished one on Ebay. Works great!

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Molokidan wrote:I actually picked my first PSP up a week ago (to play this game and others I've been wanting to) for $105, with a free 4GB memory card. That was on amazon.

Molokidan wrote:Yikes, good thing I didn't do that. I bought mine as a refurbished one on Ebay.

Eh?

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:00 am

Woah! You're right! Actually, I bought Tactics ogre on amazon, so it looks like I meant to write that, but got confused...sorry, I'll fix it.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:05 am

Molokidan wrote:sorry, I'll fix it.

You damn well better.
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn