*wakes up* o_o

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

*wakes up* o_o

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:41 am

whoa... I'm back at my old stomping grounds. >.>;;; Uhhh... how's everyone???
"PUSH WINE RACK ON THE WEST WALL:

It won't budge. You are too weak. If only your ability to carry seventy different objects of various sizes, shapes, and wieldliness transfered over into some sort of physical strength, but alas, it is more due to your special pants than your capabilities as a juggler." -If Only...

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: *wakes up* o_o

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:58 am

Yo, welcome back!

... but now I'm curious. What is the etymology of the phrase "stomping grounds?" It kind of makes sense if you think of it as preparing a place to bed for the night or build a shelter or something, but I'm still curious.
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:15 pm

Well, Ash is Godzilla.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:00 pm

^^ heheheheheh what gave that idea Dia???

>.> *hides his Godzilla suit* ;)

Good to "see" you guys again.

It won't budge. You are too weak. If only your ability to carry seventy different objects of various sizes, shapes, and wieldliness transfered over into some sort of physical strength, but alas, it is more due to your special pants than your capabilities as a juggler." -If Only...

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:02 pm

BrainWalker wrote:Yo, welcome back!

... but now I'm curious. What is the etymology of the phrase "stomping grounds?" It kind of makes sense if you think of it as preparing a place to bed for the night or build a shelter or something, but I'm still curious.

Stomping ground (originally stamping ground until stomp started to replace stamp as the standard form of the word) is pretty much exactly that; it comes from various animals' habit of stamping out the grass before laying down for the night.

Also, hey Ash!

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Idran1701 wrote:
BrainWalker wrote:Yo, welcome back!

Stomping ground (originally stamping ground until stomp started to replace stamp as the standard form of the word) is pretty much exactly that; it comes from various animals' habit of stamping out the grass before laying down for the night.

Also, hey Ash!

hey idran ^^

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:37 am

Oh hey! It's the Ash who was here before me.

Now are you Bad Ash, or Good Ash?

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:38 am

HFS Ash Fanrico.

I thought you fell in love with a Mafia princess and ended up at the bottom of the Chesapeake Bay with concrete galoshes!

Where've ya been?

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:58 pm

Yo, old man. Good to see you back!
"That's not interactive, there's no back-and-forth with the other player and how much fun is it to watch someone incredibly good at moving their eyes? And then whichever Seeker gets lucky swoops in and grabs the Snitch and makes everyone else's work moot. It's like someone took a real game and grafted on this pointless extra position just so that you could be the Most Important Player without needing to really get involved or learn the rest of it. Who was the first Seeker, the King's idiot son who wanted to play Quidditch but couldn't understand the rules?" Actually, now that Harry thought about it, that seemed like a surprisingly good hypothesis. Put him on a broomstick and tell him to catch the shiny thing...

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:24 pm

ASH. YOU OWE ME 2 DOLLARS.

*Bikes around ominously*

2 DOOOOOOOOLLARS

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:34 pm

Kai wrote:Oh hey! It's the Ash who was here before me.

Now are you Bad Ash, or Good Ash?

Good, Bad.... I'm the Guy with the Broom. :P

ChristianC wrote:Yo, old man. Good to see you back!

*grumbles* turbo-revving young punk... with your atari gamestations and eight tracks. ;)

Ganonfro wrote:ASH. YOU OWE ME 2 DOLLARS.

*Bikes around ominously*

2 DOOOOOOOOLLARS

o.o i'll launder it to ya.

KingOfDoma wrote:HFS Ash Fanrico.

I thought you fell in love with a Mafia princess and ended up at the bottom of the Chesapeake Bay with concrete galoshes!

Where've ya been?

Well luckily i wasn't with some mafia princess. Was going to college, and dealing with family issues.

^^ good to see you all again.

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn