Hey Guys

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Ganonfro

Hey Guys

Unread postby Ganonfro » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:50 pm

I'm using the interwebs to inquire as to how everyone is! I'm alive and I'm trying to have a semblance of a life outside of working again, so come! Tell me how you've been over the last.. Year or so!

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: Hey Guys

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:38 pm

Busy, and unsure of my life goals!
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:54 pm

*haff ded with sickness, but otherwise shiny*

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:41 pm

Oh you guys. Will you ever change? *Hands on hips, sighs then shrugs ala 1980's after school special*

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:31 am

*Enters through a back door, wearing a vintage leather jacket, smiles at the audience and kickstarts a jukebox*

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

la_chibi

Unread postby la_chibi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 am

I achieved world domination, and lost it all in a poker game! ;_; I kept calling "Go Fish!"

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:08 pm

People are playing RO again!
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:48 am

PriamNevhausten wrote:People are playing RO again!

Really? Why?

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:55 am

Because they hate fun!

*douses 'fro with water ineffectually*
Yo dawg I heard you like memes so I put a meme in your meme so you can meme while you meme.

Reiks

Unread postby Reiks » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:22 am

Amanda is:
- Growing a Fro (it currently can hold a set of dice and a 8 skinny markers)
- Working IT (and hating it)
- considering a degree in Anthropology and/or Graphic Design
- considering moving to either the West coast, Canada, or New England
- Wanting to go to Otakon to see HMKU
- indecisive over which comic idea is more viable a shounen adventured or something closer to Samurai champloo
- is otherwise fine

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat May 01, 2010 12:18 am

- considering moving to either the West coast, Canada, or New England

MOVE TO VANCOUVER OR CALGARY SO WE CAN HANG CUZ THAT'D BE AWESOME

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Sat May 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Oh yeah, I'm working the Otakon staff, doing over night security work. If anyone is going, I SHALL BE THERE.

*Is still on fire... after 5 years*

Also, RO? What server/ How can I get in on it?

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat May 01, 2010 10:51 pm

Today, Mike and I helped my brother move into his Brand New House! It is a pretty sweet place, I'm not gonna lie, and I'm kinda jealous. His cat is going to love it, just as soon as she stops freaking out (which is pretty hilarious to watch; back at the apartment, she kept trying to find a room strangers weren't in, and wound up running back and forth between the same few rooms as there are in the apartment).

Yesterday, Mike and I went out to chill at Dave(Spleen) and Co.'s place, but Dave took off to do other stuff, so it was just Joe (Darkknight) and other cool folks you guys don't know (shame on you; move to MD now). I mostly just chilled and played Mother 3 while folks played Arkham Horror (we sadly did not get around to playing NSMB Wii or We Didn't Playtest This At All/We Didn't Playtest This Either). Mike went off to chill at their place again tonight, but I was too tired after moving and konked out at home.

"Finals" for my my second semester at UMD are the week after next. My next course will be SPAN301, which I've actually already taken (several years ago). I'm taking it as an audit course during summer, which should get me up to speed and ready to go with courses for my major, and also let me have a taste of what summer/winter term classes are like without the stress of grades.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon May 03, 2010 10:13 am

I am strangely feeling renewed motivation to pursue my own interest in further education as a result of Dia and Amdanda's posts.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon May 03, 2010 10:55 am

It's LuminaRO. The rates are normally 50/50/25, though I think it'll be 75/75/30 for a little while longer as a result of a promotional thing. And, unlike most RO servers I've ever been on, it's big enough to actually have its own economy!

Come, join us. And if you do, and if you are meant to be found, then we will find you.
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Wed May 05, 2010 1:14 am

I'm in three different weekly tabletop games (co-DM for D&D 3.5, player in Serenity (the Firefly RPG) and Shadowrun 4th) and a few others that happen occasionally. I'm right at the core of an EXTENDED GAMING FAMILY that includes roughly sixteen other roleplayers and board gamers all within a thirty-minute drive of my house, and I never have to leave the house to roleplay because we have a room here that was SPECIFICALLY SET UP FOR THE PURPOSE OF ROLEPLAYING. Also supposedly I'm in college and I just turned 21 a couple weeks ago or some junk.

And yeah, Dia and Mike are over here a lot (I included them in my EXTENDED GAMING FAMILY). People should come to this area and visit us.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed May 05, 2010 3:25 am

I would so totally love to come over to anyone of you and sleep on a couch for six months.

I might even try to find a job.

As for what I'm doing, I'm right now part of an extended internship where I work thirty hours a week in a school, all the while working on a group project with highly unorganized people. I'm done with my teacher's education next spring, unfortunately I also intend to join the military and undergo an officer education for 3 years and seven months... which would postpone my graduation for 4 years and 1 month. Hm.

I also RP. A lot.

And I've picked up drawing again, figure studies every day. Woo.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon May 10, 2010 10:46 pm

I am just finishing up my second year of law school, and will be spending the summer working for the Treasury Department in their General Counsel's office, helping to structure the TARP, having spent the past 4 months working for the SEC. I am currently running/organizing a role-playing group of 26 people (about 4 can GM), and during a normal week there are 2-4 games organized by email list. I'm also getting married in August.

Oh and hi. I still lurk here once in a while to see how you guys are.

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Wed May 12, 2010 10:00 pm

In order:

Dia: RI is close to MD... and like I said, I'm going to be at Otakon, so shenanigans will try to happen. I hope. :/ Sounds super cool, with you guys having a semi-huge nerd family over there.

Priam: Once I have a computer truly capable of running RO (using a netbook currently that should run it, I'm just worried about the screen size) I'll be on that like Mama Cass on a ham sandwich. :D

Spleen: What do you think of 4e? I'm a heavy proponent of it, as I've homebrewed a FFT world and am currently modifying classes to be much more like FFT's. Also, sounds like you have what I'm currently trying to get here, though while mine is 9-12ish people, most are moving away now that they're graduating college. :(

CC: How's Sweedish military like? I've considered going into the officer program of the air force if things don't go too well in the next year or so, or at least try to get in, as I believe it's a bit easier after graduating college (if I recall correctly).

Gus: You're a smelly brit, and you should feel bad. :D

... But seriously, that's a shit ton of gaming to do while still being in Law school. Props to you.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed May 12, 2010 10:01 pm

I've more or less decided that I'm going to go back to college and actually finish some shit this time, shooting for a law graduate degree by way of a biomedical undergrad program firstwise. In the meantime I've come to more or less accidentally own a coffee shop pretty close to one of the universities I work at (though running a mom+pop sized store 25 miles away from home is...undesirably resource-inefficient), and I now live with my romantic partner and have effectively inherited her now-13-years-old daughter, and their two housecats.

I also RP a bunch, tabletop style, playing in a D&D4e game and GMing a PARANOIA game (which has delightfully twisted and warped my ideas about roleplaying games in general).

I've moved offices twice since last you were here, and I'm my old job's boss (and BW is my old job). Making way better money than before, but now I'm supporting three times as many people, so take that as you will.

All in all, I'm not doing too badly. Wish I had more time and money, but I've had worse.

edit: Dammit, undermined by a response before I could catch up with my non-answer to the question! CURSE YOU

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Wed May 12, 2010 10:25 pm

Yeah... Paranoia has that effect on people, sadly I have never run a full game of it, just an hour or two session before we get distracted by other shenanigans.

Sounds like people are having LIVES OUTSIDE OF THE INTERNET. *Shock and amazement* It's good to see this place still running though, too bad I was never a huge contributor to the site, other than being a minion. Wish I lived closer to where everyone was to attempt to socialize in person. But, c'est la vive.

I turn 25 in three weeks and still don't have a license or a car. I need to change that. :/

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu May 13, 2010 12:37 am

I suggest changing your birthday.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu May 13, 2010 1:38 pm

PriamNevhausten wrote:I own a coffee shop pretty close to one of the universities I work at

This is all kinds of awesome.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:51 am

Spleen's family not only sounds awesome, but like they deserve their own reality show.

I'm starting my first year of grad school at Kyoto University of Art & Design, managed to get on a japanese gameshow (and survived of course, with flying colors!) and wishing I had a PS3 just so I could play Demon's Souls. I'm also translating manga and books. A lot.
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:38 pm

Molo, you are seriously a pretty cool dude. Rock on with your Japanese masterin' self.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:41 pm

A gaijin survived a Japanese game show? Everything I know about Japanese culture is wrong.

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn