Thunder, Thunder...

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Thunder, Thunder...

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:55 am

Thundercats, ho. Steve Perry, one of the writers for the iconic Thundercats series, is broke, sick, and in dire need of help. I am always in favour of using the internet for good, and for helping those less fortunate, so here are the details for giving him a hand...

http://bodlon.livejournal.com/562155.html

Let's go, internet. Let's help out someone who helped make YOU who you are today.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: Thunder, Thunder...

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:11 pm

Yeah, why aren't more people reaching out and helping writers for old cartoons? Fuck those bums in the shelters, they need to get fucking jobs. Not like THIS guy. This guy wrote SNARF, goddamnit. This guy has earned our help, when's the last time one of those fuckers in the soup kitchens did anything for you?
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:23 am

Shinigori V2 wrote:Yeah, why aren't more people reaching out and helping writers for old cartoons? Fuck those bums in the shelters, they need to get fucking jobs. Not like THIS guy. This guy wrote SNARF, goddamnit. This guy has earned our help, when's the last time one of those fuckers in the soup kitchens did anything for you?

This, only about Earthquake stricken Haitians.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:38 am

While I can think of a few acerbic and sarcastic replies for Chuck myself, I think I'll content myself with saying that Thundercats had and still has a pretty damn good following. The guy almost certainly won't meet his end if all he needs to get better now is funding. Good on you for caring about another human being, but keep it in perspective.

I've had some time to think on this, and I honestly don't think I can sit here and be part of telling Chuck off for giving a damn about someone else. There's millions of people that need help, yeah. This guy is allegedly one of them. Screw the Thundercats part, it's not really relevant. If he's done more than link here, Chuck can at least say he's helped someone else out when he certainly didn't have to.
Last edited by Besyanteo on Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:23 am

Shouldn't we be donating to the guy who made He-Man instead? It was the better show, after all.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:45 am

Update: Steve sent me an email back.

Dear Charles

I can't say thank you enough for the unbelievably generous money you sent to sandramaples48@yahoo.com, which IS MY ACCOUNT -- set up only for me and my son, Leo. Only I have access to it and the passwords, and only I have the debit card to make use of it. I want you to know I am so very grateful to you for being so kind, generous and wonderful -- my own fate is pretty iffy and I care most about my five year old. He has been with me 24/7 all his life, and even more so since his mother left a year ago because she could not deal with the discovery that I had cancer. Now that it has returned, the future is pretty raw, and while Leo and I face homelessness again, your kindness will be forever appreciated. Thank you so very, very much.

Steve Perry
&
Leo

And hey, if the He-Man guy is in as much trouble as this guy, I'll send him money too. Or, y'know, a friend. Anyone. No use being affluent North Americans if we can't help each other and others once in a while. *shrug*

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:34 pm

Tell that to the teapartiers.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:04 pm

They don't listen to foreigners.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:57 pm

I concede, Chuck. You've outwitted me :( And you'll never know why.

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn