Thanksgiving Boredom

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Thanksgiving Boredom

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:04 pm

I am one booooooooooooooored Canadian...

OK, you primitive screwheads, listen up! This... is my THANKSGIVING DAY THREAD! It's a one day, commemorative holiday. America's top of the line. You can find this in the late November department. That's right, this baby was made in Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts. Retails for about one to nine relations of what you're thankful for. It's got a long history, red, white and blue connotations and a hair trigger (for democracy). Shop today, Shop U-S-A.

YA GOT THAT? e_e

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: Thanksgiving Boredom

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:43 pm

I don't understand, what is this thanksgivings?

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:38 pm

It's when Americans decide to be thankful for all the awesome crap they have. It has something to do with pilgrims or oatmeal or Native Americans or some craziness like that, I dunno. I say, any excuse to be nice to each other and hang with the family, right?

Ours makes sense, by the way... it's a complete hodgepodge of celebrations and traditions... just like Canada!

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:09 pm

Oh, you mean like a blot?

That's fucking brutal.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:24 pm

You mean like the antagonist from Epic Mickey?

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:28 pm

No, I meant the sacrifice of animals and humans to the norse gods. But good attempt!

Archmage
REAL DOCTOR. FROM AMERICA.

Unread postby Archmage » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:44 pm

It's when Americans celebrate how they committed heathen genocide about four-hundred years ago.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:57 pm

Metal.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:10 pm

Well, hey, back then, not being white WAS an abomination unto the Lord. As was not being rich, not being male, not owning land, and not being from the same place as everyone else. Really, you couldn't blow your nose without being an abomination unto the Lord, so... yeah. Glad I'm alive when a black guy is president.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:56 am

Archmage wrote:It's when Americans celebrate how they committed heathen genocide about four-hundred years ago.

No, that's Columbus Day.

Seriously, weren't the Plymouth Pilgrims like the only large group of colonists to actually live alongside the Native Americans rather than try and wipe them out? Granted, a colonization attempt by Europeans a few years prior had wiped out the Native village that was nearby, and relations were bad at first because that previous colonization attempt included attempts at capturing them for slaves, but I thought the Pilgrims themselves got along pretty peacefully with the locals for as long as they existed as an independent colony.

KingOfDoma wrote:Well, hey, back then, not being white WAS an abomination unto the Lord. As was not being rich, not being male, not owning land, and not being from the same place as everyone else. Really, you couldn't blow your nose without being an abomination unto the Lord, so... yeah. Glad I'm alive when a black guy is president.

I thought you were Canadian? I mean, yeah, our president is a fairly major influence on you the same as your PM is on us (even if the level of information on each amongst the public doesn't reflect that fact), but it seems kind of a weird sentiment to express if you're not from the US.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:37 pm

Idran1701 wrote:
KingOfDoma wrote:Well, hey, back then, not being white WAS an abomination unto the Lord. As was not being rich, not being male, not owning land, and not being from the same place as everyone else. Really, you couldn't blow your nose without being an abomination unto the Lord, so... yeah. Glad I'm alive when a black guy is president.

I thought you were Canadian? I mean, yeah, our president is a fairly major influence on you the same as your PM is on us (even if the level of information on each amongst the public doesn't reflect that fact), but it seems kind of a weird sentiment to express if you're not from the US.

Be that as it may, I'm pretty sure racism and religious zealotry exist outside of these United States. There's really nothing strange about a black man from any corner of the globe finding satisfaction in the fact that a fellow person of color was elected president of the Conservative States of America.
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:54 pm

Yeah, true, that's a good point. I didn't think of it that way, I suppose.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:31 am

BrainWalker wrote:
Archmage wrote:

Be that as it may, I'm pretty sure racism and religious zealotry exist outside of these United States. There's really nothing strange about a black man from any corner of the globe finding satisfaction in the fact that a fellow person of color was elected president of the Conservative States of America.

Indeed. It basically means to me that as shitty as this world can be, awesome, progressive things still happen. Obama really is hope... hope that this world has the potential not to rip itself to shreds.

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn