Gitaroo Man Lives!

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

pd Rydia

Gitaroo Man Lives!

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:58 pm

So Gitaroo Man has been out for about 7 years now. It got a PSP remake in 2006, which now goes for about $7-8 used in Gamestop, so I picked up a copy the other day and got to play the game for the first time today. It's pretty neat.

:kirteach: I beat Mojo King Bee. Now I know why BW says "Man, what's up with that?"

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: Gitaroo Man Lives!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:34 pm

Mojo mojo mojo mojo king bee

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:19 pm

Capntastic wrote:Mojo mojo mojo mojo king bee

For serious.

I was playing the game on the way home from school. There was this very polite, serious old business man next to me on the train who--as per mass transit etiquette--was trying very hard to not look at what I was doing. It must have been very hard, given how flashy the game is.

I stopped after Mojo King Bee because the space shark owned me. I loaded it up in easy mode and made it to and partway through stage 8.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:27 pm

I was at an airport with my Grandpa two years ago or so and some dirty metal kid was playing Frets on Fire with his laptop, holding it in the rock out pose and such, and my grandpa was all "What is that girl doing to her computer?"

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Rhythm games.

Old people can't get enough!

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:05 am

In Korea, only old people play DDR.

I'm notefully obsessive about Taiko no Tatsujin to DS, I've gotten up to the oni-difficulty, but it's fucking impossible to clear any but the very easiest song using the drumsticks, you need to master A and B apparently, and I refuse.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:35 am

Goddamn I love Mojo King Bee.

I've been curious about those Taiko games. I've heard they're pretty awesome, but I have a strange aversion to extraneous gaming peripherals.

That said, I may still have to get me some of that DJ Hero. How did that game turn out to be awesome? I was expecting it to suck.
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:15 am

The Taiko games are fun, but I say that mostly because you can change your drum-sounds to sound like farts. And dress up your drum like an 18th century lady of style. Nah, they're fun, plenty of unlockables, but the moonlanguage might dissuade you, I dunno.

They actually made that DJ game? I thought it was a cleverly made spoof.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:34 pm

Activision is something like modern American conservatives in that there is little you can say about them that would be so outrageous that nobody would believe it, given their past history.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:55 pm

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:10 am

BrainWalker wrote:I've been curious about those Taiko games. I've heard they're pretty awesome, but I have a strange aversion to extraneous gaming peripherals.
There are Taiko DS games. There aren't peripherals, just goofy looking styluses.

I'm the opposite about peripherals, at least for the DS. I totally geek out over DS peripherals. That's why I imported Slide Adventure: Mag Kid, which isn't really all that great a game, but a neat idea.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:27 am

That is... an interesting game, at least.
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn