The Path

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

The Path

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:33 am

http://tale-of-tales.com/ThePath/

Anyone heard of this? I saw a review of it up on the Escapist, which I won't link because perhaps you are better off knowing less. Might have to get it, it really looks like something we're not liable to see again soon.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:01 am

I've heard a bit about it. It showed up on the Indie Games Blog (Seen Here) once or twice before it's release, and then again once or twice afterwards.

Interpretations and Messages aside, I remember people saying that as a piece of art with an incredible atmosphere, it was a success. But as a game, it was lacking quite a bit.

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn