Ruby Quest

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Christian
Dead Stompy

Ruby Quest

Unread postby Christian » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:14 am

Yeah.

Some of you might be aware that I from time to time frequent /tg/, traditional games, on 4chan.

Well, having had nothing better to do for a little while, I stumbled upon this. Ruby Quest. A fucked up Adventure game in the spirit of Problem Sleuth, but absolutely wonderful. Main point of attraction? The cast is all from Animal Crossings. Or so I've been told.

Here's the info page for it. It's all pretty long, but I'm on the edge of my seat constantly.

EDIT: I'm about... 80 % into this... and god damn... THIS is awesome stuff.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:36 am

I don't know if I'll ever read the whole thing, but I skimmed through this, and the idea is very creative (this is the first I've seen of these kinds of games aside from Sleuth Quest) and seems a lot more fun than a pre-made adventure game due to all of the feedback. It reminds me of that thing End did a while back, except that was a real game. We should try doing one of these here.
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:12 am

Glad you tried it out. I'd recommend, if you actually want to read it, to ignore most of the "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" "F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5" and "This" comments and just go for those with pictures in it.

But I agree wholeheartedly, although the game is a bit of a railroader, which is completely understandable considering the fact that it's not really a CYOA, he's made a very interesting game.

And yeah, we definitely should try doing that here. =D

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn