Hay Glu

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Hay Glu

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:32 am

I really super-hate to bug you about this just because you know Spanish and I don't remember enough to get everything right, but I have been looking for the music that accompanies this video for a year or so. Can you (or anyone else) offer me any assistance ;_;
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

glu-glu
wears confusing avatars.

Unread postby glu-glu » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:41 am

Well, so far none of the comments have info on the song's name, nor does the uploader's comment (also, the guy seems to only be answering comments from people kissing his ass for the bug).

I also don't know what song that is. Sorry for not being useful D:
sig pending...

Seethe
In Despair

Unread postby Seethe » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:37 pm

After Googling the English bits I hear, I've come to the conclusion that the song (the lyrics anyway) is "Baker Man" by a Danish group called Laid Back.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:50 am

Somehow it didn't occur to me that any of the lyrics were actually in English, despite sounding quite Englishlike. For those who like stories to have resolutions, I found a vid with the right song in decent quality, thanks to Seethe's actions. Thanks, Seethe! And Glu, too, for your efforts.

And now, to decide whether, now that I've heard the whole thing, I want an mp3 of it!
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn