Freaking the hell out!

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Freaking the hell out!

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:13 pm

Ok, ok. I think I'm going insane.

I just discovered that a weird folky-rock band from Liverpool has written a song called "Augustus Golden" (my actual name) back in 2004. That's the same year that two of my friends went to Liverpool to study at university, as well as I started working for a guy who used to be well known on the Liverpudlian rock scene. However, since I can't get in contact with them, I am panicking while trying to figure out how some band got my name and turned it into a very calm but a little creepy song.

Seriously, I feel like I'm going crazy here!

You can check out the song on the band's myspace page. I just need to get this out or it feels like I'll go fetal in a second.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:18 am

WELCOME TO THE MYSPACE GENERATION!!

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:24 am

If you can browse Myspace then you can post. ಠ_ಠ

You're apparently a drug which is both 1)without a cause and 2)closing doors. I'm terrible at picking out lyircs, though, and my attempt to find a transcription of the song ended in failure.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:47 am

Ok, a more in depth search of "Augustus Golden" -retriever (there are apparently a lot of golden retrievers called Augustus) has found that this song pretty much has to be about me. According to the census information I found, I am the only Augustus Golden in existence since 1866, when a deck-hand on a boat near Chicago drowned on the great lakes. Not only that, but some furry artist on deviantart has named a nice photo of a girl sitting in the boughs of a giant tree after me.

This is occupying my every waking moment. And I'm in freaking law school! I don't have time for this! I have Civil Procedure homework to do!

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:05 pm

Maybe Augustus Golden is just a fancy way for saying "golden august" to some people? You know, golden brown leaves and all that? Unless people think of furries and trees when they see you.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:13 pm

You are apparently in the credits for Lego Star Wars, too, as QA. And hey, I can see your writings for Passport!

Also, here's the lyrics as I can grok them. The polysyllable 'undercover' is questionable, but I'm fairly certain about the rest.

O Augustus Golden, we're free
By free I mean everybody
'Cause free I wait and wonder
Why this is undercover
Unimagine uninvited
Gold

This is a drug without a cause
This is a drug that's closing doors
And I want these doors to open
I want this left unspoken
Uninvited unrequited
Gold

'Cause free I wait and wonder
Why this is undercover
Unimagine uninvited
Gold
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:16 pm

Yeah the Lego Star Wars thing is me, as is Passport. Or at least one of the two articles I saw online is. The editor of that magazine went on a bit of a power trip and completely re-wrote every article to the point where she might as well put her name on everything.

Starting to calm down a bit now, simply because I have to concentrate on my work.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:50 pm

COMING THIS FALL ON NBC: AUGUSTUS GOLDEN is a washed up PI with a point to prove, and his wisecracking sidekick is giving him just the kick in the backside to get him to go out there and prove it. Tune in for a comedic take on the life of a PI. This fall. On NBC! <Peacock>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:54 pm

I might watch that.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:44 pm

Who's the wisecracking sidekick, though?
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn