Wary reminiscence (or: Let's Recap)

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Wary reminiscence (or: Let's Recap)

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:22 am

Been meaning to do this for a long time. Remember some of the old catchphrases that used to get slung around all the time? The internet wasn't always a collective spasm of cat images and "first post" assery, for example. Let's go over the old stuff, may they remain dead despite this thread. Keep your shovels handy.

I'm Rick James.
Jesus is fucking metal.
All your base.

I know you guys can come up with more. Let's get comprehensive! (Monty Python quotes, largely, need not apply--that sort of quotationgasmia is timeless.)
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:10 pm

I'm 24, and thus "out of it", but is O RLY lame yet? That actually felt lame from the get-go... Oh, and there's "Internet is serious business"...

pd Rydia

tres old school

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:41 pm

This is beginning to get out of hand.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:20 pm

Hello my future girlfriend. This is what I sound like.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:34 pm

Something about Sparta and mental instability. I forget how it goes.

Also, there's always the racially-sensitive "I'ma firin' mah laza!" or however it's spelled. I'd apologize that I don't have an accompanying image if I were 12.

Also also, I'm pretty sure that as long as people take things way too seriously, "_____ is SERIOUS BUSINESS" will continue to be a relevant part of the Internet lexicon. I could be wrong on this.
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:50 pm

Do a barrel roll!

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:59 am

<center>Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I liked to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air</center>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:29 am

Times are *is shot*
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:06 am

Godwin's.
Oh, and responding to peoples' requests for aid with "Try hitting ALT+F4" or telling them how to format their hard drive instead.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:09 pm

NO U

Archmage
REAL DOCTOR. FROM AMERICA.

Unread postby Archmage » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:40 pm

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:49 am

AOL chat rooms, and programs that would make peoples' screens flicker or whatever.
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:49 am

"Divide by two."

"I divided by zero. OHSHI-"

"O'RLY? YA RLY!"

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:50 am

AM has totally set up us the bomb.
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:29 pm

Comprehensive answers? In MY thread?
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Deeum

Not even fair anymore since AM provided the link. :(

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:13 pm

Over the bridge? :D?
Over the bridge! :D!

Lelele~

And, damn it, I know this was mostly on 4chan, it's still one of my favorite copypasta memes:

Okay, so my girlfriend was supposed to come over to my house today because I was going to go take her to a movie. She lives about 20 minutes away, and the movie we were supposed to see started at 4:15, which was in about 40 minutes. I figured "cool, I'll just play Pokemon while I wait".

So I'm playing Pokemon, and having a pretty damn good time. Anyway, she finally does show up, except she's crying as she walks into my room. Instead of doing the right thing by comforting her, I half-focus on my game and her. She starts telling me her cat died, and just as she was getting into it, I get into a random encounter in my game.

A shiny pidgey. Holy shit. (For those of you who don't know/care, shiny pokemon have less than a 1/1000 chance of appearing). I stare into my screen in amazement, yelling "holy shit, YES", interrupting her mid-story. She sobs more, and she starts to yell "You don't even fucking care! YOU JUST WANT TO PLAY YOUR FUCKING GAME!" I'm still looking at my screen, still focusing on catching my shiny pidgey, when she walks over, and tosses the game against the wall. I run over and pick up my DS hoping that nothing has changed on screen, and quickly noticed that she broke it. My system and my shiny pidgey, gone forever.

I start screaming every obscenity I know, and started flailing my arms around. I didn't know she was behind me, and apparently I backhanded her in the face while I was being a dumbass and swinging my fists around. She yells out "FUCK YOU", and runs out of my house in tears.

What have I done? I've fucked up so badly, and I need to know how to approach her. I don't want a game of Pokemon to be responsible for ruining my best relationship ever. Help me, /b/.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:05 pm

Number five?

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn