Where you is

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Where you is

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:11 am

So, the forums, RP subset notwithstanding, have been really inactive lately, and I'm sure everyone has noticed it.

So why have YOU been refraining from posting?

Me, I've been busy with life. School term ended, and I found myself, rather suddenly, involved in three weekly tabletop RP games, plus assorted dealings with my and Apple's families--I haven't even had time to go to my martial arts stuff without suffering a certain amount of burnout.

What's your deal?
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:25 am

I'm on a LAN-party unortunantly. :(

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Oh. I'm here.

...Just Lurking.

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:48 pm

Computer problems. The main computer needed reformatting, and so it's going to be a while before it's back up to speed.

Also, mother has control over the currently active computer. Often until 9:00 PM or later.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:54 pm

Hello from the world of tomorrow!

Been busy moving to Japan and getting into my unit, which is taking entirely too long. In the meantime, I've been drawing up plans for my splash-down back into RP...

But yeah. Okinawa's awesome so far.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:20 pm

A mixture of work, real life drama, preparing for the coming semester, and the like.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:21 pm

Downstairs. Laptop + other people in house with laptops = screw this holing up in my room deal. Though this has impacted my presence on AIM more than my posting.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:58 pm

I have a really slow connection.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:40 pm

I got a job, and took on way too many RPs at the same time right around when I got it. Big burnout.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:01 pm

Ping.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:17 pm

I've been staying off AIM while I'm (slowly) preparing my computer for a wipe and Linux install. I check the forum every time I pull up firefox (it's one of my default windows), but haven't made much in the way of topics.

I've also been playing video games--currently, FF4 DS!--and posting over at vc-reviews.com's forums. You'll never guess my screen name over there.

Offline, I'm sniffing around for college classes and/or work, and preparing for learning to drive (again). I haven't actually managed to do any of these since my crash (implosion is probably a better word for it) that sent me into treatment for bipolar, so that's preoccupying me (not to mention scaring the shit out of me).

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:08 pm

[lost packet]

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:14 pm

Work until 5 every weekday, family stuff every weekend (it's weird how it's been pretty much every weekend for the past month and a half...), class 7-10 Monday and Wednesday, and trying to work out an hour three days a week. Until recently I was also spending a lot of time with my girlfriend but now I don't have one. Also, Dynasty Warriors 5 and Space Empires 5 have taken out a chunk of my time, as has reading the stuff my father wants me to read. Busy Spleen.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:00 am

Pong.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:05 pm

What's with all these adults and their jobs and personal lives and shit? What the fuck happened to you, RPGWW? You've changed, man.

Maybe I should add RPGWW to my bank of personal links at work.

Wait, no, I think I already did that. Well, I guess I don't have an excuse, then. You know, other than the same excuses everyone else has. So instead, I will blame everyone else. It's y'all's fault for not posting more interesting things to keep me enthralled! Shame on you.
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:47 pm

Get this shame off me, you jerk!

Archmage
REAL DOCTOR. FROM AMERICA.

Unread postby Archmage » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:33 pm

I'm busy with full-time work. When I'm not working, I'm either catching up on a video game or two or drinking myself into oblivion so I can forget about how much I dread going back to class this fall.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:39 pm

I get on the internet to board RP. I've picked up a couple of other boards, one of which is very time-consuming since, unlike RPGWW, it actually requires moderation and effort on my part as staff. The other forum has great RP and keeps me busy with the second-sickest forum drama bullshittery I've seen.

I should commit to more board RP stuff on RPGWW, including getting us forward to Jessie in the 2gen thing. But that's about all I'm involved in here: coupla board RPs.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:49 pm

Hey, dude, get off my back. I said LAN-Party >:C Some of us are fighting authority and adulthood over here.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:43 pm

Don't LAN parties last, like, a day? Or a weekend, in the fairly extreme case?
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Blackwind Isao

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:04 am

Between work, my other boards and a healthy dose of real life issues I typically don't post outside of any RPs I'm involved in.

- Isao
Ignorance has no power over those who dare to know. And those who dare have the power to change everything. - Dana Hunter
Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self imposed immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's understanding without guidance from another. This immaturity is self-imposed when its cause lies not in lack of understanding but in lack of resolve and courage to use it. Sapere Aude! -I. Kant

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:25 am

Saving the world of Azeroth and fighting FOR THE HORDE.

Plus trying to get some stuff done around the house.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:30 am

PriamNevhausten wrote:Don't LAN parties last, like, a day? Or a weekend, in the fairly extreme case?

Clearly you've never had the joy of going to a week long LAN.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:00 am

Clearly.

Ours lasted five days. Not the weekend though.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am

Mostly work stuff keeping me busy.

...that and my rampant MMO addiction. =D;

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:58 pm

FF Fanatic 80 wrote:Mostly work stuff keeping me busy.

...that and my rampant MMO addiction. =D;
I sure hope these things haven't been keeping you from the joys of FF4 DS. D=

Ark
Cho wants to kill with cute

Unread postby Ark » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:41 pm

Drawing, working, walking, sleeping, keeping the house in a mess, shopping, bill paying, now and then playing games, reading manga, watching films, watching DVD's, downloading anime, watching anime, reading a lot more manga online, working, tidying so I can mess my house up again, household chores.

... So nothing really, just daily life stuff.
[img]http://www.fantasydragon.net/choark/Signature.jpg[/img]
Some detectives just have The Touch

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:30 am

Five-day lan? Seriously? I thought only conventions and rock concerts lasted longer than a day. Just how big was this thing, anyway?
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:33 pm

Well, these parties aren't usually very big.

We were six to seven people (varied during the week) in my apartment (27 square metres).

We used to have three-to-four day LANs at my old High School though where we were between 30 to 50 people.

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Unread postby Reako Somner » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:16 am

It's the usual work/gaming/MMOs jazz with me. Usually though, most of it stems from me having nothing interesting to say, or most of the people I talk to are on AIM, and it's easier to just shoot them a message that way.

Lord knows I haven't actually RP'd in ages, though, City of Heroes not withstanding. I kinda miss GM/DMing

glu-glu
wears confusing avatars.

Unread postby glu-glu » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:07 pm

had some friends come to town last month and...well, sometimes i just, kinda forget...

having most of you talking about work and such make me feel like a baby ;__;
sig pending...

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:45 pm

I'm in Japan too, but I traveled around the entire world on business class this summer before ending up here. Not as fun as you'd think, actually! I hate airplanes. I also went to Oman and ate camel.

But I own a Super Famicom and a used Wii that I found for $120 so I am a very happy camper. Lots of late nights in the dark playing SMT.

DS, where are you stationed at?

Edit: and FF, which MMO are you addicted to? Phantasy Star Portable just came out here in Japan and it looks reaaally cool.
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:10 pm

I believe it qualifies as ironic when a thread about no one posting gets a ton of posts.

Anyhoo.

To be blunt, I burned out. I couldn't stand to look at the board for months. That's changed now, and I'm glad you guys don't hate me. So expect me to be posting regular real soon!

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:04 am

I spent four days on the New Jersey Sho-ar (that's the beach for us cultured folks) in Atlantic City attending a lawyer convention with my family, then 3 nights in New York City doing the same at a much larger convention, during which time I turned 23 (woo!). Then I flew to Vancouver via Toronto (first time to Cananananada) to meet with my fiancee and her parents for a single night in Vancouver before hoping on a massive cruise ship that over the next 7 days took us to Whittier, AK, stopping off in Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway along its path. I then flew back to England on a flight that began with me in the airport in Anchorage on Monday at 12:30 and leaving Heathrow Airport back in London at 14:00 on Tuesday.

Internet cost $1 a minute in NJ/NY and $2 a minute on the boat. Hence my silence.

Oh, and I'm currently doing laundry because on Friday morning I fly to D.C. (the city, not the comic book publishers as I had previously believed) to start law school at Georgetown, so this slience may continue for some time as I need to pack up my entire life in the next 36 hours.

[edit] - Update! Now in DC. DC is nice!

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn