Facepalming Business

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Am I a Jackass?

Yes
33%
No
No votes
*laughs* February 26th!?
67%

Total votes : 9

Christian
Dead Stompy

Facepalming Business

Unread postby Christian » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:43 pm

I just checked my gmail account. Which I haven't done in ~3½ month.

Last early December, I applied for a job with Games Workshop, seeing as they were looking for manager applicants. I felt like trying, as I enjoy the hobby. However, after two months, I still hadn't received a response, and more or less gave up hope.

Well, apparantly, my letter had been forwarded to the Head of the store here in Stockholm, who sent me a letter February 26th asking me to come for an interview.

February twentysixth... 26th...

I've sent him a letter explaining the situation (I only use that account for stuff like job applications as such, as it has my whole name in it, in difference to the less-formal one I use regularly), grovelled and asked if he was still interested in an interview.

I'm crossing my thumbs, but not hoping too much, it's been a long time, and I'm not even sure there was a position open back then. I'm not thinking manager though, but just getting a job there would be awesome, joining the Redshirts has been something of a dream of mine for a while. A secret dream.

So, the poll.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:53 pm

You'd've gotten points by saying that the original letter was lost to the perils of the Warp.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:29 am

If you were applying for a job at GW in England I'd tell you to run for the hills and never look back. There are far, far too many horror stories concerning the abuse Redshirts get to risk getting a job at a store. Since you're in Sweeden, though, there's a good chance the manager won't be a psychotic megalomaniac and the job will actually be fun. I'm guessing you've been the store in question too and if it seems to be a happy and fun place then chase the job up.

Bonus points for filling out a requisition form for a new interview to be submitted to the Departmento Munitorum.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:24 pm

Not answering your email is punishable by court marshal and execution, guardsman!

Seriously though, GW staff get arseloads of micro-management from the higher-ups of the company over here. Might not be a terrible thing if you don't get the position.

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn