D&D 4th, some questions that probably ought to be in OOC

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:33 pm

Hm, valid point, taken.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:32 pm

If you roll properly, that shouldn't be that hard to do after something like... level 4? After all, you get +2 to two ability scores every few levels. I think that's why they spread out all the really nifty armour +'s since there are like... 30 different special types of armor for cloth, light, and heavy armor. Each has 30 different +'s which also give special abilities, like if you haven't been hit yet this encounter, the you have +2 AC until you are hit. Seriously, ability points aren't nearly so hard to come by now.

Edit: it's +1 to two different at n4, n8, with n0 giving a +1 to all stats.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:46 pm

To use heavier armours you need a good score in strength and constitution, though (unless your class gives the feats to you automatically). While the big and burly classes may be happy with boosting those stats the others will probably be better off boosting the stats that compliment their abilities.

I have noticed that wearing heavy armour is FAR less punishing than it was in 3.5, though. Check penalties are a minor issue and speed reduction is only ever 1 square/5 feet.

Also: Gus has started running a 4th Ed game with me and two other players. I'm sure he and I will feed info in here as stuff develops. With his promise of Spelljamming in our future the results should be interesting.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:05 am

I retract my statement about needing a summary page. There is one, which I utterly failed to notice, but it's not... VERY good.

Previous

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn