Did you finish all your video game, young lady??

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Nekogami

Did you finish all your video game, young lady??

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun May 18, 2008 8:07 am

<center>Image</center>
I am notorious for not finishing games. I usually play at an easy pace- a few hours here, a few hours there. But video games keep coming out and I still haven't played my other ones.

Now I don't rush out and get the latest game but every Xmas I average about 5. Now, I'll exclude fighting games because those are eternal play time games but I have love for RPGS and I just don't finish them. Not because I don't like them but usually because someone tells me whats happens and I lose ambition or the pause between playing is so long, I've forgotten what I was supposed to be doing and the idea of starting over makes me lose ambition.

So, some unfinished games, I want to finish:
FFX-2
FF9
FFX12
Xenosaga
Star Ocean Second Stary story and Til the End of time
Onimusha
GTA: Vice City
Dark Cloud

Discuss:
Finishing Video Games

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sun May 18, 2008 9:14 am

I've got to hold some sort of record for number of video games begun and never finished. Some of them I'm ok with this status. There's a lot of them that I got bored with or didn't enjoy, and some which I got to a certain point and no longer wanted to continue for some reason or other. But here's a short list of some of the games I would one day like to finish (although the list of games that I actually HAVE finished is even shorter).

Half-Life Episodes 1 and 2
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast
Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2
Farcry
Rome Total War (technically I completed it with 2 of the factions, but I kinda want to go for the whole set) - same goes from Medieval 2: Total War
Trauma Center: Under the Knife
The Ace Attorney series - I am currently working on this set. I have completed Phoenix Wright, I am on Trial 2 of Justice for All, and have completed the first 3 trials of Trials and Tribulations.
New Super Mario Bros. - Gotta open up all the bonus worlds.
Elite Beat Agents - I still haven't unlocked the Divas or Commander Kane.
Burnout Paradise
Mass Effect
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii - Need to get the rest of the unlocks.
Guitar Hero II and III - Never going to happen, but I'd love to be able to say that I can do both Freebird and Through the Fire and Flames on expert...AT THE SAME TIME. AKIMBO BABY!
Grand Theft Auto IV - Also working on this one atm.

And that's only really thinking about current consoles. If I look back at all the uncompleted games from yesteryear I'll take up far too much space. I could go downstairs to look through the other games and find a few more, but even that strikes me as going for too many just for the sake of lengthening this post. As you can tell, however, I do have my work cut out for me.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun May 18, 2008 12:05 pm

I've resolved to not open the copy of Persona 3: FES (which I really want to get into) until I have completed Breath of Fire 4, on loan from Pervy. Though I also have a few others waiting in the wings, including Lost Odyssey and Valkyrie Profile 2. One of these days I'll finish God of War 2 on Stupid Crazy Difficult level, too.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun May 18, 2008 12:20 pm

BoF4 only took me about 30 hours, though, Priam, so you should be able to blow through it pretty fast.

And Nekogami, don't bother finishing Xenosaga. But you should finish FF9.

There are a lot of games I haven't finished, but mostly because they were terrible (Beyond the Beyond, anyone?)
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun May 18, 2008 11:35 pm

Xenosaga was way more fun than FF9, in my experience. If you can stand the, shall we call it unconventional, combat mechanics in Xenosaga 2, then the fun factor in Xenosaga 3 more than makes up for it. So long as you don't take the plot too seriously, you're golden.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun May 18, 2008 11:49 pm

Molokidan wrote: (Beyond the Beyond, anyone?)

Thank god no one in the past thousand years has explored this tiny four room cave next to our village! Something bad might happen if they did!

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon May 19, 2008 1:25 am

Cap'n, call me crazy, but it sounds like you're down for a "Let's Play Beyond the Beyond."
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon May 19, 2008 1:29 am

EDIT: I would only LP Beyond the Beyond if it weren't so terrible.

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn