Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

pd Rydia

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat May 17, 2008 10:18 pm

So...

Who here plays either of the new Mystery Dungeon games on the DS? Cuz, I totally got owned in a dungeon (damn Drifloon...) and was wondering who I might <s>sucker into</s> ask to do a rescue for my team. >.>

I also has the items and stuffs for trading. I [heart] Skitty items for the leader of Team BadlyNamed, Bunni. :3

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat May 17, 2008 11:05 pm

I tried checking this out, but the whole experience just proved a little too inane for me...Summon Night has currently devoured my soul anyway. Sorry :/
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Sun May 18, 2008 11:38 am

...Wait, what?

I saw the game, and the choice of Pokemon to be was kind of lacking for me... My only hope was that there was some kind of awesome Co-Op play so my friend and I (Age 20 and 21) could play some joint Pokemon slaying action. But I didn't hear anything about that so I deemed there being none...

Your comment opens up a whole new idea to me though! What's this about a rescue in a whatsit?

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue May 20, 2008 7:43 pm

Unfortunately, there isn't really simultaneous co-op.

The dungeon-crawling aspect of the gameplay is based largely around missions, right? Things like 'rescue pokemon A from dungeon B,' 'deliver item C to pokemon D on level E of dungeon F,' 'retrieve stolen item G from thief pokemon H'...so on.

So if your team faints in a dungeon, you can send out for help. Essentially, you're creating a mission that someone else can go on to rescue your team. You can do this wirelessly, via wifi, or by creating a password.

I don't know the details beyond that, because I haven't actually done a wifi/wireless/password rescue, from either end. I'm assuming that if your team gets rescued in this way, you don't lose all your items and gold like normal. I don't know how rewards are set up, but I know there's an option for sending a "thank you" mail, which may give you the option for sending an item with it.

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn