Guys, guess who I found...

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Christian
Dead Stompy

Guys, guess who I found...

Unread postby Christian » Sat May 17, 2008 1:47 pm

And here I was wondering where Ian went off too. :)

P.S. Click his name. :P

Oh... and apparantly he's working as Art Director for Venture Bros... which is just beyond cool.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sun May 18, 2008 6:15 am

So that's where he is! And wow at the whole venture bros thing, that's a massive achievement for him.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon May 19, 2008 10:13 am

Definitely respectable. More power to him.
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon May 19, 2008 10:34 am

It took me a minute to clock who this guy was, then I hit myself. Looks like ditching RPGW and focusing on other things really payed off, especially since he got involved in Venture Brothers.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Mon May 19, 2008 12:58 pm

*laughs*

I was kinda going for the "Alright, who here remembers what actually got this thing going in the first place?"

Damn... how many years has it been? I remember the old forums, crazy times. I say forums in plural, but just one forum...

Good times.

Oh, and I'm EXTREMELY glad for him. Looking at the stuff he's doing right now... He's developed a lot, and I think going into animations has definitely been a good choice for him. His old style shines through here and there, but it's amazing to see how much he's developed...

I'm trying to gather the courage to send him a congratulations e-mail, but I don't want to be like "hey? Remember me? Well, I remember you, and now that I've found you I'll stalk you forever and ever and you'll never get rid of your horrible past!" *wheezy breath*"

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon May 19, 2008 3:06 pm

I went the route of forum first, comic second, but even so it's like a blast from the past. Perhaps we should draw up some sort of statement of congratulations to sent to him as a group.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon May 19, 2008 3:32 pm

If nothing else, he'd probably appreciate that sort of reaction better than what he ended up getting from the other RPGW forum; whining about no updates, complaining that and giving personal insults because he actually started doing other things, mocking his new art style, and general retardation from the members to the point that he had to close it entirely.

Getting something like that might help make up for the rampant stupidity he got from the other side of things, and I'm sure he'd be glad to get congratulations even if he doesn't remember us.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Mon May 19, 2008 5:12 pm

I never really hung out in the other forum once we separated, but I heard some pretty nasty things about it...

I think he remembers us though, at least the fact that he had to make a separate forum for our antics. ;)

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon May 19, 2008 5:29 pm

I'm trying to decide if I like this stuff or not. ... I keep finding myself smiling, so I guess I do.

So, whose up for a trip to Endor and has money for plane tickets to South America? I want a pet EWOK.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri May 30, 2008 11:02 pm

Bumping this because doesn't look like anything came of it yet. I'm thinking of sending him off an email of congrats on behalf of all of us. Anyone got anything specific I should mention in it? I'll probably send it off in a couple of days, just to make sure people have time to read this.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:19 am

Don't know what to say, really. I'm just glad he's got a job he enjoys, and he's still doing fun projects on the side to boot.

Whatever conveys that in a better way? =x

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:31 am

The days when Ian was putting the RPGWorld in RPGWorldWorld were far before my time. I do think it's awesome that he could have an effect on totally random people like me. I'm all over the internet RPing, but this is still my home base, and if I didn't have RPGWW around I might not have gotten into online RPing at all.

So... I guess even though Ian didn't set out to do anything for me specifically, people should be thanked when they do good things. So... I'm grateful to Ian for starting something awesome.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:57 am

I remember I just bookmarked the forums and never continued reading the comic past the first arc or so. Not that it was bad or anything, it was funny. "Times are tough" sticks out as the classic line in my mind.
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:36 am

Welp, I tried to send him an e-mail, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Went for the second best thing and made a post in his blog. Tried not to sound like a nutter.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:13 pm

Idran1701 wrote:Bumping this because doesn't look like anything came of it yet. I'm thinking of sending him off an email of congrats on behalf of all of us. Anyone got anything specific I should mention in it? I'll probably send it off in a couple of days, just to make sure people have time to read this.
Well, yeah. I wouldn't have found the comic forum without the comic, and I wouldn't have met Mike without the forum. And I probably wouldn't have married him if I hadn't met him.

Oh, and it's totally awesome he got us some Dragobo plushies. For serious.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:02 pm

We all owe a hell of a lot of our good times to this place, and by extension to Ian. So yeah, I think he should know that. =D

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:52 pm

Heh, my one and only contact with him was that time some guy threatened to sue us. Good times.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:16 pm

Hell, we should just link him this thread.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:36 pm

Kai wrote:Hell, we should just link him this thread.
Radical concept, my dear Kai!

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:41 pm

Christian wrote:Welp, I tried to send him an e-mail, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Went for the second best thing and made a post in his blog. Tried not to sound like a nutter.

He's got his email address at the top of his contact info here: http://www.blackdotstudios.com/contact.html

Also, I just sent off the email. And yeah, I linked him this thread too. Not sure if he'll come by and see it, but hopefully!

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:14 am

HEY IAN HEY WHAT'S UP HEY

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:42 am

Just got his reply; I'll copy it here for the rest of all of you.

Hey!

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. I always liked you guys and I'm really glad that your community is still going strong. Thanks for the kind words.

Hey, IanJ. I'm not sure if you remember RPGWW, but one of our forum members recently pointed out to us that you've done pretty awesome for yourself recently; starting your own animation studio, making a pretty great series of online animated shorts, and having a pretty important position on Venture Bros. and everything. I just wanted to tell you congrats on behalf of all of us, we're all really happy that you've done so well for yourself. We also wanted to say thanks, since even though we split off from RPGWorld way back, it's really because of you that we exist as a board in the first place. A couple of us wanted to show you our general appreciation from the thread itself, so if you want to take a look at that, it's right here: viewtopic.php?t=6536

Anyway, we hope you continue doing so well for yourself, and good luck with everything!

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn