YES!

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Christian
Dead Stompy

YES!

Unread postby Christian » Wed May 07, 2008 1:16 pm

I finally picked out Protoman's song on my shakuhachi, at least the good part. It feels incredibly weird to play this piece on an instrument like this, but considering I have to produce a pretty high pitch, I'm glad I've gotten it down; good for practice.

Oh, and yeah..

To make this thread relevant at all to the rest of you, what's your hidden side? Do you play a kickass saxophone? Write and read cheesy poetry at a local "alternative" clubs? Or even correct articles on Wikipedia on your free time?

Share your true self.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed May 07, 2008 2:26 pm

I'm way more into model trains than I should be.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Wed May 07, 2008 2:37 pm

I guess I don't really have a side hidden from RPGWW. Drums and the trumpet are my instruments of choice, although I do have a fairly formidable vocal range for a baritone. My academic passions are etymology and mythology. Once upon a time I played (American) football, as well. Besides that, typically RPGWW geeky stuff: D&D, D&D miniatures, watching cartoons and occasionally anime, Smash Bros, etc.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed May 07, 2008 3:09 pm

Way way waaay more than I should be.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Wed May 07, 2008 3:17 pm

Your tale of tiny trains intrigue me. Please tell me more.

And Spleen... Woah dude, this is completely new to me, and I've known you more or less since way back. Just goes to show there's always something new over the next hill...

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed May 07, 2008 4:59 pm

My neighbor was into model trains. The had a track the traversed the entire garage. It was neat. I wish I could appreciate trains more. I like them a lot but I wish I knew what Railfans knew. It seems so fun.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Wed May 07, 2008 5:03 pm

You should get into Wargaming! I do that, and if you can overlook the steep prices, the endless hours of involuntary glue-sniffing, the ruining of nice clothes by random spurts of paint as well as, of course, the actual painting, it's a very nice hobby.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed May 07, 2008 5:11 pm

Aside from pouring hours and hours of time into translating manga, I'm also still working on my own novel. I post a chapter a week, the 55th one went up last week. I have a few solid readers, and that's enough to make me keep going.
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Wed May 07, 2008 5:15 pm

Hohoooo, you're translating a manga? Which one would that be? And from what language?

And were would one go to read your novel? :3

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed May 07, 2008 8:14 pm

I've translated a lot..I've done over 500 chapters in 2+ years. I did over 100 chapters of Bleach before I finally got tired of it, I did the entire series of Riki-Oh, which is a great 80s manga. It's being released by Illuminati-Manga. I'm also doing World Embryo, Sexy Commando, I did Hunter x Hunter for a while, I did Hellsing for a while, I did the entire series of trigun maximum, you can get all this stuff on lurk. I even did Berserk for a week or two...I can't remember it all off-hand, but you can look me up on mangahelpers.com under the same name and see my whole resume if you're that interested.

My novel is here: http://danluffey.blogspot.com . Thanks for showing interest, Christian.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu May 08, 2008 8:56 am

I make jewelery. My devart account consists primarily of that stuff now.

I only do assembly stuffs, given restraints of workspace (apartment complex), but should I ever get the opportunity where working a blowtorch isn't a crazy-ass hazard, I'd like to try my hand at making my own glass beads (AJGlass's work is a real inspiration, it takes my breath away). I'd also like to find a nearby university or community college that offers a jewelery course, of the metalworking kind.

Archmage
REAL DOCTOR. FROM AMERICA.

Unread postby Archmage » Thu May 08, 2008 10:31 am

Capntastic wrote:I'm way more into model trains than I should be.

You're not way more into trains than you should be until you become my father.

He's built at least two layouts that occupied the entire basement, owns a human-ridable garden railway (at one point he had two engines, but he sold one) complete with several miles of steel rail, and at one point owned two full-sized cabooses, one of which sat on a length of track in our backyard for almost the entirety of my childhood.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu May 08, 2008 12:58 pm

Hidden side of me? Hmm...

I surf for one thing. Only been doing it during the summers (not really anywhere to do it in London) but I really enjoy it and find it both exhilarating and relaxing at the same time. I also write a little, though usually just to amuse myself. Mostly songs, mostly comic songs at that. I just find it easy to rhyme when it's in song form, and comedy has always been one of my great loves (I still dream of being a stand-up comic, but I get crippling stage-fright).

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu May 08, 2008 1:38 pm

Well there's one side you don't want to know about and another side that everyone already knows about. I sing tenor, but as a card-carrying Emo I'll never be able to admit that I have any amount of skill at it. I suppose I'm pretty decent for a guy who never had any formal training. Except for that one time I had a little formal training.

Oh, I'm also a bit of a baker. I've made cakes, cookies, breads, pies, brownies, fudge, even truffles, and they all seem to turn out pretty well. Most of the time. The amount of baking I do is directly proportional to the degree to which I am okay with being fat.

I really ought to learn how to cook, though.
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu May 08, 2008 5:29 pm

Suicidal, I'd definitely go see you if you were a stand-up comic. You should tape a gig and put it up on youtube or something.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu May 08, 2008 6:56 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but first I need to write and perform such a gig!

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn