Does The World Really End With You?

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Does The World Really End With You?

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun May 04, 2008 6:49 pm

Because that would suck.

What did everyone think of this game who's played it? I'm about halfway through it right now, and I love the battle system. I'm getting a little annoyedb because the whole system of exploration seems pretty half-assed, as there are placed you can and can't go on different days for no reason, so if you get one item that you want to use to get a new piece of clothing, and you don't get it on the exact day when the route to that shop is open, you're stuck waiting for who knows when to go get it. But maybe at the end they open up all the routes or something.

The story is kinda hit-and-miss for me, I don't really care about Neku because he's pretty emo. But the Shinigami are interesting.

But the whole wearing brands/pins stuff is awesome, I just wish there was a point to collecting all the pins, because I'd like to, but some seem pretty random what with the drops and everything.

But yeah, I like this game...it is also really challenging if you raise the difficulty level, which is a rarity these days, especially with Square-Enix(-Goya)?
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Sun May 04, 2008 10:11 pm

I am also playing this game. I'm enjoying it a lot; the whole game is a little bit emo but I'm okay with that and enjoying the story overall.

I've never run into the problem of getting a new quest item and not being able to go get the relevant clothing. I think it's that you just pay much more attention to the equipment system than I do; I just choose the clothing that have the best overall stats (Or Fusion Stars) and wear them until I get something better.

Same goes for my pins generally; I'll wear the ones I'm good at fighting with and mold the trends to my set rather than switching around a lot. I'm lazy like that. I enjoy the pins and brands concept as well, but... I probably don't use it to its potential.

The incentive to lower your level is nice, and the difficulty is more than respectable if you want it to be. I like the battle system a lot as well but I cannot for the life of me control both screens at once. I've just taken to doing my own thing on the bottom and at select moments, controlling my partner to rake up the fusion stars before letting loose.

What pins are you going with...?

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon May 05, 2008 11:22 am

Mike and I were kind of playing a game of chicken to see who would buy this game first. He bought it, and now he's playing it, and as it turns out, there's only room for one save spot. Frown town.

But before I leave the thread for fear of spoilers, I logged into devart today and found http://news.deviantart.com/article/47792/ , http://wewy.deviantart.com/journal/17614203/ , & http://wewy.deviantart.com/gallery/ . Might be worth a browse around!

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon May 05, 2008 2:58 pm

Wow, I didn't notice there was only one until you said that. That is a pretty bad idea on their part.

Taiar, as to your questions...I love collecting stuff and am always excited to see what the pins evolve to, so as soon as I master a pin, it goes into my master pile and I pretty much never use it again (except for the healing one, for bosses). So basically I level up the pins to max and then move onto the next one. I also modify the pins for the district I'm in so that they get the appropriate bonuses. Some of them are really hard to use, which makes it more challenging, too, so I like that.

Some of the quest items I've seen in shops have ingredients that I've never seen in the game before, so that's just the thing that was frustrating. And getting bravery up can be a pain since the game calculates real time and doesn't allow you to eat too much food (which is an AWESOME concept, it just is annoying for collective purposes).

It's games like this that really bring out my OCD side, as I want to get all the shopkeepers' ratings up to 100%.

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Mon May 05, 2008 4:23 pm

Getting the shop keepers to 100% isn't too bad. At least... It wasn't for me. But I spent a whole lot of time fighting in hard at level 1 and raking in the 5000 yen pins so that I could buy a bunch of useless items. Getting Bravery up isn't too bad: the grumpy herbal guy sells a pretty good item for that. You can only eat one a day because it requires a lot of bytes but it nets you 50 brave or something.

You can also... play with the time setting in your DS a little bit if you're inclined to do so. That might be cheating a little bit in some dictionaries, but it does the job pretty well.

...Not saying I did it or anything.

You play the game a lot better than I do it sounds. I always have a set of six pins that I carry through the story portion of the game so I'm at my best for the boss fights and what not. I enjoy leveling up the pins as well... just so long as it doesn't occur during a life threatening battle. I love seeing what the pins do. I have a bunch of them that need to be used in pair evidently... I hope they're some awesome soul shattering attack.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon May 05, 2008 5:20 pm

I see...interesting note about the 5000 yen pins. The thing is, though, I'm only Level 20, and in the 2nd scenario, and I tried fighting on Hard even with my level bar at full, and I got completely slaughtered. Of course I didn't bring any healing pins with me, but I mean..hmm. I'll have to do some grinding I suppose.

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn