The Terror Mask lives on...

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Endesu
ラムレッダ

The Terror Mask lives on...

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:17 pm

Do you remember Splatterhouse? Do you remember our good friend Rick, his chronically imperiled girlfriend Jennifer, and the Terror Mask?

Welp, after several years of dormancy, it's coming back to the PS3 and the Xbox 360. Re: 1up preview

Now, there are two mental approaches I took to this news:

On the one hand, it's yet another 'revival' of an older game series. Golden Axe? Yep. Bionic Commando? Yep. Splatterhouse? Yep also.

But... on the other hand, it's Splatterhouse. For that reason alone, I'm looking forward to it.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:31 pm

Splatterhouse actually had a cool branching plotline thing going on with some of the games so FOR THIS I will be curious.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:36 pm

Wait, what? Golden Axe?
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Ark
Cho wants to kill with cute

Unread postby Ark » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:57 pm

Yeah they're remaking Golden Axe. What I've seen so far is some amazon type character, people having been cut in half and lots and lots of blood. So I'm looking forward to it.

Splatterhouse I only really played recently but I'll watch out for the remake anyway.
[img]http://www.fantasydragon.net/choark/Signature.jpg[/img]
Some detectives just have The Touch

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn