Final Fantasy seven Crisis Core

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Trentin
Seeing the world more everyday

Final Fantasy seven Crisis Core

Unread postby Trentin » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:24 am

Well you see. I came across Final Fantasy seven in fifth grade. Since then my imaginations taken a new outlook. I even had a dream I was sephirotxh walking across the hallway. Me and my best friend made a satire out of the characters though, but we still loved them! We drew pictures of Shiteor, the one winged toilet, and we found the game very fun. I drew Cid he drew Cloud.

ANYWAY.

Has anyone played this game? I might buy a PSP for 80$ just for purely this game. It got good ratings. Any opinions here?

I want to orgasm over it >.>..

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:42 am

The game has generally good reviews from most folk, including Penny Arcade. I was kind of surprised.

If you can get a PSP for $80, though, go for it. That's a good price for a PSP and Crisis Core or no Crisis Core, there's some good games on the platform--including, of course, the remake of Final Fantasy Tactics.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:52 pm

Also, Castlevania, Katamari (if you can deal with the lack of that second stick), Loco Roco, MGS: Portable Ops, Patapon, Princess Crown, Silent Hill (though it has been ported)...

Then, since you're into FFVII, I'd presume you're into other Squenix stuff - there's also a Kingdom Hearts prequel of sorts coming up (Birth by Sleep) as well as FF: Dissidia.

So, yeah. If you have the money, go buy a PSP and waste your genetic material on that, how about.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:01 pm

End Reshiki wrote:Also, Castlevania, Katamari (if you can deal with the lack of that second stick), Loco Roco, MGS: Portable Ops, Patapon, Princess Crown, Silent Hill (though it has been ported)...
:science: S'also got Valkyrie Profile, Jeanne d'Arc, a Disgaea, Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Gitaroo Man Lives!, Lumines/Lumines 2, the ever-classic Lemmings, a couple GTA games, and a Guilty Gear port. I've been thinking of getting me some PSP goodness, but I still got a few console games to beat, and plenty of GBA/DS games. Should we ever get a reason to buy a PS3 instead of a PS2, I'll definitely get a PSP, for the "play PSX games on your PSP!" goodness I keep hearing about.

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:11 am

For those here who played Phantasy Star 4, it's on the PSP's Sega Genesis collection, as is Comix Zone, and a few other pretty sweet genesis games.
And Megaman Powered up, which is freaking adorable to play. It's insanity of cute knows no bounds.

Wilren
THE NAVY

Unread postby Wilren » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:20 pm

And suddenly I don't feel so bad about buying one just for Disgaea. Yay! :D

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:34 pm

Wilren wrote:And suddenly I don't feel so bad about buying one just for Disgaea. Yay! :D

If you fail to buy anything else for your PSP, though, then we're gonna have words, my friend.

Words about your... not buying... other games. That's right.

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:39 pm

I'm currently looking into homebrewing mine... Has anyone here done this? CAN THEY HELP ME WITH MY WOES?

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:49 pm

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:22 pm

You have failed me for the last time, Captain End.

*Force choking ensues*

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:22 am

Well, could be worse.

...you could've bought your PSP solely for Tales of the World and Tales of Eternia (imported). >_>; But I have other games for it, thankfully! Including Tactics and Crisis Core. Just need to find time to actually play it. =(

One good thing about the PSP though, as my sibling and I found out. There is no region lockout. So he can import some shooter collections he likes from Japan(gradius, etc) and I was able to get the Europe release of Eternia.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:00 am

Yeah, region-free is neat stuff. I went ahead and got a couple import DS titles for myself.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:56 am

I love the region-free functionality of the DS. Partly because I'm in America fairly frequently for multiple reasons, and your DS games are about 40% of the price of the exact same game over here ($25 versus £30 which is about $59 at the moment).

Plus, Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations has still not even got a release date in England. It looks like they're going to skip it and go straight for Apollo Justice. Weird, huh?

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:48 pm

Speaking of UK games, I'm trying to get ahold of Essential Sudoku. So far I've only found it on Amazon.co.uk (which won't ship games to the US, apparently) and Ebay. What's chances one of you English-type folk could hook me up, and for how much?

Wilren
THE NAVY

Unread postby Wilren » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:34 pm

End Reshiki wrote:
Wilren wrote:And suddenly I don't feel so bad about buying one just for Disgaea. Yay! :D

If you fail to buy anything else for your PSP, though, then we're gonna have words, my friend.

Words about your... not buying... other games. That's right.

I picked up Castlevania and FF7:CC for it also, so that's not an issue.

Although the fact that I have yet to open any of the games...or even pull the PSP out of the box yet...might be.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:27 pm

Never heard of Essential Sudoku, have you tried Brain Training (it might be called Brain Age in the US), as that has Sudoku included in England.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:33 pm

Suicidal Sprite wrote:Plus, Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations has still not even got a release date in England. It looks like they're going to skip it and go straight for Apollo Justice. Weird, huh?

That is just tragic. T&T is an awesome installment. Apollo Justice is great, too, but you shouldn't miss out on the other. D:

Trentin
Seeing the world more everyday

Okay

Unread postby Trentin » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:06 am

Thanks, I'll probably get it. But not for awhile :./...
Been spending alot of money.
140$ on prom 90$ on a tux 90$ on a cd player for my truck. Lots of money for food... And I've been losing weight >.>..
But when I do i'll check out the other games
I love square enix games and II could use the psp for media also. So I def plan on getting it.
I'll share with yee nice fell'ers when I gets it :D!

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:30 am

Suicidal Sprite wrote:Never heard of Essential Sudoku, have you tried Brain Training (it might be called Brain Age in the US), as that has Sudoku included in England.
Yeah, one of the earlier games I got, beat the hell out of it. :[

We have shit for Sudoku games over here, I can't believe how hard it is to copy Nintendo's formula. I made the mistake of buying Sudoku Mania and ever since I've researched heavily before buying games. It's one way I ran across this (ctrl + f for "essential sudoku).

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn