HEY GUYZ! I GOTS ON C-SPAN!!!

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Nekogami

HEY GUYZ! I GOTS ON C-SPAN!!!

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:43 am

It sucked.

That is all.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:36 pm

Any details?

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:51 pm

Well, the topic was the difference between Over 40s and under 40s and how it pertains to the current voting climate and social climate. I had planned to discuss briefly how different the US has been in just the last 100 years and on a more racial note how my generation is much removed from the racial tensions that plagued our parents and make a notation about education.

And it seemed like the perfect opportunity to hit that topic as an elderly black lady ranted about how my generations was riding on the backs of her generation and how we weren't working hard enough and how we weren't appreciating the suffering of her generation.

So that lady asked my my opinion on what the said.

I replied that it was unrealistic to expect the current generation to suffer for the sake of saying oh, I know how you feel grandma. Then she asked if I was optimistic about the future. I said I was and that I didn't think that this country going to hell in a hand basket. She thanked me and hung up.

I responded to an old ladies rant and said I was optimistic. It was such a downer after trying for the last couple of months to get in. I finally get in ...man... I just feel so disappointed. Glad I got on but there so much more potential of intelligent discussion. I don't get that at home or at work or even with my real life friends.

I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE WAITED FOR THE NORTHRUP GRUMMAN-BOEING DISCUSSION! GAH!

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn