DS downloadable content

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

pd Rydia

DS downloadable content

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:03 pm

[url]http&#58;//blog&#46;wired&#46;com/games/2008/01/downloadable-ga&#46;html[/url]<ul>While discussing Nintendo's plans to further integrate the DS with the Wii, Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime told The New York Times that eventually we'll be able to download not just demos but full versions of games.

According to the article, games "will be able to be downloaded into the Wii using its broadband connection, and then transferred wirelessly to the DS," which certainly implies GameBoy and GameBoy Advance games may soon find their way to the Virtual Console.

The article also mentioned that additional content for one of Game|Life's most-wanted DS games, Professor Layton and the Curious Village, will be available via download.</ul>Big(ger) article here

:} !

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:40 pm

Interesting. I'm already loving all the downloadable content Nintendo has made available for the Wii, so it'll be interesting what sort of crazy stuff they come up with for the DS through the Wii. I'm hoping for some kind of tie-in between the DS Crystal Chronicles and the Wii version.
"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:17 pm

I'm kinda liking those hints that we may get some of those crazy Japan-exclusive features. The article mentions using the DS for museum tours, which would be so much less clunky than the crap I was given the last time I went around the Cincinnati Art Museum. Potentially cheaper for the museum, too, I imagine, if they can get a reprogrammable download station.

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn