RPGWW Recipes

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Nekogami

RPGWW Recipes

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:30 pm

Share 'em. I know some of can cook.

Taco Scoops

1 bag of scoops chips
1 jar of salsa
1 can of chili
1 jar of peppercini or jalapen~os
1 thing of cheese
1 oven at 350 degrees
Some people to eat food

Using a teaspoon put yummy stuff in the scoops. Pop them in the oven until the cheese melts. Take 'em out. Eat them. Best served with gaming of some sort.

Me and my friends bullshitted this up on the fly during some DnD Mini game-age. They were quick and easy to make and tasty. Not very messy either. I imagine you can add a bit of sour cream and make SUPREME TACO SCOOPS.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:17 pm

Cheese on toast

1 slice of bread
1 bit of cheese

melt cheese over lightly toasted bread.

DELICIOUS. EVERY TIME.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

My most advanced recipe

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:36 pm

Hamburger Helper

1 box Hamburger helper
1 set of ingredients according to box

Read box and prepare as stated. Serves one to three. Do not eat box.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:40 pm

Glass of Water

Requires:
- (1) Glass or cup or other quaffing vessel
- (1) Source of water

Pour water into vessel; drink.

Advanced Tip: Filters can make nasty tap water more palatable.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:43 pm

*Smacks everyone in the thread. Cept Neko, obviously*

=(

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:46 pm

Spicy Shrimp Cheese Fettucine

1/2 pound frozen shrimp
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Chili powder
Fettucine
Half a block of cheddar cheese

Defrost your shrimp, and get a big frying pan, melt your butter, and fry up your shrimp, seasoning to taste. At the same time, boil some water in a pot and cook your fettucine. Once they're both done, drain the water from the pot, mix the two together, grate cheese over the whole shebang, and voila! Spicy Shrimp Cheese Fettucine!

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:41 pm

Independent types can create their own water by mixing two parts hydrogen with one part oxygen.

Ask a grownup to help with this.

glu-glu
wears confusing avatars.

Unread postby glu-glu » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:18 am

-nameless sandwich

Requirements:
-3 slices of bread
-2 slices of your fave cheese
-1 slice of your fave type of ham
-Some of your fave jellyjam (strawberry works for me)
-A grill or one of those lil non microwave ovens(i forgot how are they called).

OPTIONAL: Mustard, Mayo.

Instructions (these might sound confusing, coming from me):

-Take 2 of the bread slices and spread some mayo in one and some mustard on the other one (if using mayo and mustard).
-Put a slice of cheese on the bottom bread slice, the ham and then the secon slice of cheese.
-Take your second bread slice and spread some jelly to your liking on the available side (the one with out mayo/mustard).
-Put said bread slice on top of the cheese (make sure the jelly side ends on top) and then "close" your sandwich with the remaining bread slice.
-Grill to your liking.
-EAT.
sig pending...

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:37 am

Toaster ovens, you mean, Glu?

Anyway...

This is a meal I would eat every day if I could. Sadly, I can't. It's mostly a result of me being way too experimental in the kitchen; god help my roommates next year when I've got access to a kitchen at college.

1 medium-sized steak
1 medium-sized piece of salmon
1/2 onion
1 cup mushrooms
olive oil
3 or 4 slices Provolone cheese
soy sauce
Italian dressing
black pepper
hamburger buns

Cook the steak and salmon on a grill until they can be considered "medium" (whenever I've made this in the past, I've used leftover steak and salmon from the fridge after a family event; same thing).
In a pan, sautee onions and mushrooms in olive oil until tender; drain.
Cut steak and salmon into very small pieces, add to pan.
Add a little bit of soy sauce and a decent amount of Italian dressing over heat, stir.
Lay Provolone slices over the meat and add black pepper to your preference; stir when cheese is melted.
Cook until steak is well done (the oil in the Italian dressing and the leftover olive oil should keep the steak from drying out)
Form into patties (sort of) and serve on hamburger buns, possibly with mild salsa.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:26 am

Capntastic wrote:Glass of Water

Requires:
- (1) Glass or cup or other quaffing vessel
- (1) Source of water

Pour water into vessel; drink.

Advanced Tip: Filters can make nasty tap water more palatable.

Also, if you stick your tap water into a source of cold (try your fridge!) for a length of time, it makes it significantly more delicious. I read some mumbo-jumbo on the tubes somewheres about a specific level of cold breaking down the nasty-tasting chemicals or somesuch, but all I know is, I fill my gallon jug with water in the evening, and in the morning I have something tasty.

Anyway, recipes? Stir fry!

STUFFIN'
<ol><li>1 lb meat/tofu (stir-fry quality beef = double plus good, chicken is acceptable, haven't tried tofu or pork yet)</li><li>vegetables of your choice, my personal choices being:<ol><li>one green bell pepper,</li><li>one red bell pepper,</li><li>broccoli</li><li>one or two sticks of celery (when available for purchase in those quantities),</li><li>mushrooms,</li></ol></li><li>minced garlic (or a garlic bulb to mince--I've got a jar of minced garlic since it lasts longer than bulbs and I use it so much--tasty tasty garlic and all)</li><li>stir-fry sauce packet + ingredients the packet calls for to make the sauce (I use Sun-bird, which calls for sugar, water, and soy sauce--I don't like soy sauce, so I replace it with teriyaki sauce like the filthy blasphemer I am)</li><li>liquid cooking oil (Canola here)</li></ol>
You'll need a timer, one deep and wide pot, a slotted spoon, an unslotted spoon, a bowl that will hold all the meat at once, and various utensils for cutting and moving stuffs around while you're cooking.

PREPIN'

Cut up the meat if it isn't packaged cut. (I would cut it about one inch long, half an inch wide, a centimeter tall, in Macon. The meat I buy here locally comes cut in much larger pieces but also cook fine. I imagine the size doesn't matter too much.) Once cut, set the meat into the bowl. You will cook this first so place it nearest the stove.

Cut up the bell peppers next in whatever size you like. Of the vegetables these take the longest to cook so sit them next to the meat. It's best to put them (and all ingerdients) in a container that will easily dump into the pot.

Cut up the broccoli next. I usually cut off and use only the florets, because that's the part I best like. Set them next to the bell peppers.

Cut up the celery and mushrooms next. They cook quickly and will go in together. Set them next to the broccoli.

Open the jar of minced garlic and have a spoon ready to scoop a little bit of it into the pot (or mince up an amount and put it in a container ready to toss in the pot). I usually put in anywhere from 1 to 3 tablespoons. I likes me some garlic.

Make the sauce!

COOKIN'

Put your pot on the stove, pour a quarter to half dollar sized blob of cooking oil, and turn on the heat. If your stove is gas, you'll want it around medium, if it's electric, you'll want it much higher.

Throw in the meat! And stir! Cook for five minutes or until the meat is almost cooked all the way (you see only a little bit of pink left in spots) and then use your slotted spoon to pull the meat out and place it back into the bowl. (If your stove is gas you may want to pull it off the heat while removing the meat, because it will cook the rest of the way while you are removing the first spoonful or two.)

Reset the timer for another five minutes and throw in your bell peppers. Stir and stuff. When the five minutes are up, reset the timer for another five minutes and toss in your broccoli--and you may wish to pour in more cooking oil if the pot is looking a bit dry. The broccoli will sometimes soak up all the juice, especially if you use only florets like I do. Pour in more oil whenever you feel like it's appropriate.

Stir!

When the timer goes off, reset it for another five minutes and toss in your celery and mushrooms. I kinda like my celery and mushrooms to be a bit crunchy, so sometimes I cook them for 3 or 4 minutes. Stir and such. Really, you're pretty much stirring constantly. And frying. Y'know.

When the timer goes off, use the spoon to make a hole in the center of the pot and put your garlic there. (If you're fond of ginger, you would also put ginger in at this point). Enjoy the smell! Oh, and stir. Make a couple sweeping stirs, then add your meat back in. ALMOST DONE!

Turn the heat down. Remember the sauce? Pour it in--give it a stir (haha) beforehand if its ingredients have settled. And, um...stir.

At this point I usually let the stirfry sit on low a very little bit, the sauce tends to soak into the veggies and meat and also thicken up some. My hunger'll get the good of me quickly enough though.

If curious, you use your non-slotted spoon around now so you can actually get at that sauce.

Eat and enjoy!

STICKY RICE:

To have some sticky rice with your stir fry, look for long grain white rice at the grocery--or if you want really good stuff, Jasmine rice. It's a very simple cooking process--it'll be on the bag or box. Ours says one cup of rice for 2 and a half cups of water, put them together in a large pot and bring to boil, then lower heat to simmer, cover with lid, and let simmer for 20 minutes. At the end of that we have a huge amount of rice. ::thumbs up!::

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:46 am

Measurements I suck at, as I just go by how hungry people are and by knowledge of how much they've eaten at past meals.

Yummy Variety Asian Pasta (or Rice)

Ingredients:

1 out of the following - Chicken, Pork, Duck, or Tofu - roughly one medium breast of chicken/pork chop/breast of duck/block of tofu per person depending on appetite (I use a little more as my girlfriend, 2 out of 3 of my housemates, and myself all have large appetites, plus it reheats really well).
3 out of the following - Courgettes/Zucchini, Aubergine/Eggplant, Broccoli, Mushrooms, Bell Peppers, or any other vegetables you enjoy stir-fried.
White/Yellow Onion
Fresh Garlic
Pasta (or Rice) - should be a large amount as forms the bulk of the dish.
Soy Sauce
Cayenne Red Pepper
Hoisin Sauce
Black Bean Sauce
Vegetable Oil (or whatever cooking oil you use)
Seasme Oil

Instructions

Immediately prepare pasta (or rice) in method of your choice but do not add any spices/herbs to it (if boiling pasta you get a better texture by adding a small amount of vegetable oil and salt to the water before putting the pasta in, and the same goes for salt in the water before adding rice).
Chop garlic and onion finely, slice vegetables and meat into bite-sized portions (remember that all of the things listed above will reduce in size when cooked). - This is by far the longest and most boring step of the process, the actual cooking is quite fast.
Add medium amount of vegetable oil to a large frying pan or wok on high heat. Add garlic and onions when oil is hot and cook until onions turn clear and garlic starts to turn brown. Then add meat (or tofu) and cook until it has changed colour (or in tofu's case, started to crisp) adding a little soy sauce and sesame oil.
While meat is cooking, hopefully pasta (or rice) has finished cooking and can now be drained and set aside ready for the next stage.
Once meat is fully cooked, sprinkle with Cayenne Pepper, and add in vegetables to mix (adding oil if it starts to run low to avoid burning). Vegetables have different cooking time so it's practice to see which style you like best (I like my mushrooms and courgettes thoroughly cooked, but my peppers less so and my broccoli about medium).
When vegetables are cooked, add 1/2 teaspoon per person of hoisin sauce and 3/4 teaspoon per person of black bean sauce then add pasta (or rice) to pan/wok on top of cooked vegetables and meat, add generous amount of soy sauce and then stir thoroughly to mix your meat, vegetables, and starchy food together. turn heat down to medium to avoid burning, and continue stiring until pasta/rice has taken on colour of sauce throughout (should be a lightish brown). Serve immediately.

Thoughts:

This is a really easy recipe to cook a simple but tasty meal for multiple people, and as the main ingredient is a starchy food it is very cheap too! (Especially with tofu.) If you can have help cutting up everything, it can be very quick as well.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:59 pm

I totally needed some tofu recipes.

Lamb Curry

*Sometimes you can get lamb on a reduced price so keep and eye out in the grocery stores. You don't need a lot of lamb unless you like to have a morsel of meat in every bite.

1-2 cups lamb cut into small cubes.
2 large carrots
2 large potatoes
a few stalks of celery
(You can add other vegetables too. but I wouldn't put anything too watery like tomato unless you use cherry tomatoes or something*
1 cube of instant curry

The instant curry cube package has the instructions for the preparing the curry and I'd follow those. I've only made this once but oh man...it was so freaking tasty. Lamb has a very, I dunno, Sweet? taste... But it's tender and it compliments the curry flavor so completely. It's my preferred meat for curry, hands down. The only problem is actually getting lamb. *sigh*

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:51 am

This could very well already be a real recipe else where, but I shall type it here anyway!

Coffee Pancakes. Or, as someone dubbed them, BuzzCakes.

-1 cup of pancake flower
-3/4 of a cup of water
-Several teaspoons of instant coffee (Add more to your liking)
-Mix till the right pancaky consistency
-Add a teaspoon or two of whatever coffee syrup or flavoring (In my case some hazelnut syurp)
-Mix a little more.
-Cook and enjoy.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:46 pm

Soft Pretzels

Ingredients:
· 1 Tbsp vegetable shortening for the baking sheets. Pam, oil, butter, etc. also work.
· 1 1/3 cups warm water
· 1 package (1 Tbsp) dry yeast
· 1 Tbsp sugar
· 1/2 tsp table salt
· 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 egg
· 1 Tbsp water
· 2 Tbsp coarse salt

1) Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Then turn on the oven and preheat to 425 degrees F.
2) Using the paper towel, spread the shortening evenly over both sheets. Things should not stick!
3) Pour the warm water into the mixing bowl. Sprinkle the yeast over the water and let is stand about five minutes to soften. Then stir with the wooden spoon until completely blended.
4) Add the sugar, table salt, and 1 cup of flour; stir until blended. Add 2 more cups of flour 1/2 cup at a time, stirring to blend after each addition. The dough should be well-blended.
5) Sprinkle a little of the remaining flour over a clean kitchen surface. Turn the dough out of the bowl onto the floured surface. Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, sprinkling with flour if the dough is sticky.
6) Pull the dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll 1 piece into a rope about 15 inches long, then shape the rope into a pretzel or letter. Put the pretzel on the sheet, and repeat with the other pieces.
7) Break the egg into the small bowl. Add 1 Tbsp of water and stir them together with the whisk. Brush the egg wash over each pretzel, using the pastry brush. Sprinkle the coarse salt over the pretzels with your fingers.
8) Put the oven mitts and put on a baking sheet in the oven. Bake until the pretzels are golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
9) Wearing the mitts, carefully transfer the sheet to a heatproof surface. Bake the second sheet of pretzels. Using the spatula, transfer the pretzels from the baked sheet to the rack to cool a little before serving them. Cool the remaining pretzels when they are finished baking.
10) Eat the things!

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:39 am

Ramen + leftover grilled chicken is good.

Jak Snide

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:55 am

Today we shall learn how to make a delicious cake.

Nekogami

Yes, I'm reviving this. Shut up.

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:32 am

Double post cause the server was acting outrageous.

Nekogami

Yes, I'm reviving this. Shut up.

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:41 am

I'm trying to expand my cooking profile. Heavily influenced by Sweeney Todd. I'd like to have made several small personal pies but I'm not very good at making dough and I don't own a rolling pin. So I used some 9in pie shells and made two pies.

1lb ground buffalo meat (I was just curious about the taste. Really delicious.)
1lb ground turkey (I had to have something to balance the red meat. So I went healthy and chose turkey)
2 carrots finely chopped or grated
1 potato, finely chopped or grated
1 onion all chopped up
2 cloves of garlic, again all chopped up
chopped up tarragon
chopped up rosemary (I didn't measure either of these herbs, I just kind of choose the largest sprig and maimed it.)
two eggs
Butter
season
2 9in pie shells

Preheat oven to 400
grease the pan with butter.
brown the meat, leave in pan
add everything but the herbs. Cook till wilted/kind soft
stir in herbs
distribute between the shells
make a dent in the middle of the pie
crack an egg in
put in oven
cook till egg is cooked and shell is crispy brown
Eat it.
It's good.

Drink drunk?:
Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy (I love Leinenkugel's. This one is lemonade flavor. Pretty nice.)

Spicy Thai Noodle Concoction
I really don't know why I did this but it turned out good. Sweet, sour, and spicy. I literally eyeballed almost everything.

1 pack chicken udon noodles
some fish sauce
1 grated carrot
1 onion
some apple cider vinegar
some chili oil

toss in your onions like you're going to cook them natural like then splash in some vinegar. then toss in the carrot and give it a good mixing then toss in the udon. put the flavor packet on it. Yeah, mix that up real nice. Splash in some fish sauce one or twice for some seconds. Then take a teaspoon and push in some chili sauce. If you do it right, things will get a red tinge. Eat it.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:23 pm

Creamy White Wine Pasta with Chicken and Lardons

This is per person, and the best thing about this meal is that it only requires a single pan! Woo for less cleaning up!

Chicken Breast Fillets (medium thickness) - 1 or 2 depending on appetite
Fresh Egg Pasta (preferably penne but anything works) - 250g
White Wine - 5 Tablespoons
Double Cream - 5 Tablespoons
Lardons (bacon bits!) - 2 handfuls

Prepare a deep pan with virgin olive oil, and heat until oil is ready. Add chicken breast and lardons, then leave to cook on medium-high (without flipping or stirring at all) for 4 minutes. Add white wine (careful, it will create a fair amount of smoke) and cook until 50-75% of the wine has evaporated off. Then add the pasta, followed immediately by the cream. Turn the chicken and lardons, and stir. At this point you can add any seasonings you like, I would recommend tumeric and oregano in order to give the dish a beautiful deep yellow hue and a wonderful taste. You can also add peas at this point if you so like. Then cover the entire thing for 3-4 minutes.

The result will have some of the pasta baked (it may look burned, but it is supposed to do that) and some just boiled for a great taste. Delicious and easy. No cutting/chopping required (if you don't have lardons they aren't necessary), only one pan used, and only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish!

Archmage
REAL DOCTOR. FROM AMERICA.

Unread postby Archmage » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:38 pm

Wait, I didn't post in this thread at any point? Why didn't I?

Cincinnati-style Chili

Just like mom used to make!

You will need:

&#8226;3 lb ground beef (you can also use ground turkey for a leaner chili)
&#8226;3 cloves garlic, crushed
&#8226;2 cans (15 oz.) tomato sauce
&#8226;2 cups beef broth (the recipe calls for 2 cups, but I always use 2 10-ounce cans of Campbell's double-strength beef broth; I've tried several brands and think this produces the best flavor)
&#8226;¼ cup red-wine vinegar
&#8226;¼ cup Worchestershire sauce
&#8226;¼ cup chili powder
&#8226;2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
&#8226;1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
&#8226;1 ½ tsp ground cumin
&#8226;1 tsp salt
&#8226;½ tsp pepper
&#8226;¼ tsp ground cloves (essential! Do not substitute whole cloves)
&#8226;1 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped

&#8226;Spaghetti, cheese, oyster crackers

1. Combine garlic and ground beef in skillet. Cook at medium-high heat until meat is totally browned. Drain meat.

2. Combine cooked meat with other ingredients in a large pot and stir thoroughly. Cover and simmer on low heat until chili is thick, stirring occasionally. Chili should simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours.

3. Serve prepared chili over cooked spaghetti. Top with cheddar cheese, freshly chopped onions, and red kidney beans as you desire (to make a 3, 4, or 5-way). Louisiana-style hot sauce is an excellent accompanying condiment.

You could include beans in the base recipe if you really wanted, but traditional Cincinatti chili doesn't call for them, so they're not part of my recipe.

Chili is simple to make, albeit time-consuming, but you don't have to do anything except stir it every so often. If you can make Hamburger Helper, you can make chili. If you're too lazy to chop garlic, use garlic powder. I do it all the time and it doesn't detract from the flavor.

Wilren
THE NAVY

Unread postby Wilren » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:40 pm

Pizza Sandwich

Ingredients per sandwich:
2 slices of bread
2 slices of cheese
1 jar pizza sauce

Utensils needed:
1 spoon, small
1 skillet, flat OR 1 automatic grilled cheese sandwich maker
1 spatula (with skillet only)
1 stove-top oven (with skillet only)

To prepare (skillet):
-Place skillet on lit stove-top oven.
-Place 1 slice of bread on the skillet, then 1 slice of cheese atop the bread.
-With the spoon, spread a light, generous amount of pizza sauce (usually 1 spoonful should suffice) over the cheese, taking care not to spill it.
-Place remaining slice of cheese and bread, in that order, atop the layer of pizza sauce.
-Allow underside of bottom slice of bread to brown to desired level, then flip over with the spatula.
-Once both sides are sufficiently browned, remove from skillet (turning stove-top off if finish preparing sandwiches!) and serve.

To prepare (sandwich maker):
-Open sandwich maker.
-Place 1 slice of bread with 1 slice of cheese atop in sandwich maker.
-With the spoon, spread a light, generous amount of pizza sauce (usually 1 spoonful should suffice) over the cheese, taking care not to spill it.
-Place remaining slice of cheese and bread, in that order, atop the layer of pizza sauce.
-Close sandwich maker, setting to desired cooking level. Check sandwiches periodically until done.
-Serve.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:47 am

I've got two recipes I make fairly regular and are so stereotypical bachelorish that it's almost crazy. Well, at least the second one is.

Meat Stew

What you'll need is roughly half a kilogram of beef cut into bit-sized chunks, preferrably without huge blobs of fat in them, but this is a dish where basically anything works, so if that's all you can find...

Fry the meat together with a lot of spice of the orange, chili and bellpeppar-based kind. Also, don't be a miser when it comes to oil, but don't use too much either.

When the meat's gotten a nice tan in and out, you pour them into a larger saucepan/stewpan together with two cans of ground tomatoes, sliced carrots (don't make them too thin), soy sauce and more spice if you feel you need it. Also, depending on the water-to-tomato ratio in your cans, I recommend pouring in water (do it anyway) so that the meat and carrots are all covered and some more. A lot of it will boil away anyway.

You can add garlick, onions or whatever suits your taste here, but this is the basic kind which I like the best.

Anyway, now you want to boil it on a low temperature for about an hour and a half. You can generally check how far it's come by the consistency of the carrots. Once you can mush it by just rolling it around in your mouth (Careful though, they're hot) the stews just about ready, but it won't suffer from being on the oven longer.

Also, take note in that the water WILL boil away, and this dish is not good if you've burnt it. Check every 15 minutes or so and pour in some more water if you think you'll need it. The stock's supposed to end up more soupy anyway, use your tastebuds to decide.

Prepare a whole lot of rice, parboiled usually works best for me, and serve with some sliced tomatoes and cucumbers.

Delicious. :P

(Sorry for the crap instructions)

This is a staple of mine that I generally make when I'm really hungry, but not for anything in particular.

First of all, bulgur. If you can't find it, this PROBABLY works with rice as well, but I've only done it a few times, and not this way.

What you would want here is a rice-cooker, it saves you a lot of time and effort, but if you don't have it, a saucepan works just as fine.

First, get yourself a metric to imperial conversion table, and pour three decilitre of bulgur into the cooker/pan. This is roughly enough for two people, or one me. Well, it's not really enough for one me, as I tend to still be hungry afterwards, so if you're like me and want to be filled, go with 4 decilitre (or 5 if you're feeling cuh-rayzee).

Add in one (two if you go with 4-5 dl) can of ground tomatoes, same spices as the above recipy (down to the soy sauce) as well as some tomato chili, olive oil and if you feel like it, some vinegar. Balsamic preferrably. You can also add sour cream or créme fraische if you feel like it (and you're not a sucker for spicy stuff), and it generally turns out well either way.

Just let them boil together for a (surprisingly) short time, taste off the bulgur to see if it's crunchy or not. Crunchy means you'll need to boil it some more, but if it's only barely crunchy, taking if off and letting it stand for a while is usually enough.

Eat and be joyous.

Trentin
Seeing the world more everyday

Unread postby Trentin » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:35 pm

Tear Jerker Salsa
You will need:
1 can of Rotel (Diced tomatoes and green chiles)
Lemon and/or lime juice
1/2 tsp habenaro sauce
jalepeno sauce
1/2 tsp minced garlic
garlic salt
1/2 or 1/4 of a Jalepeno

optional: salt, pepper, spicy ingredients, ice cubes

This is probably my favorite salsa. It doesn't have a name really. My Mom showed me it I revised it.

You will need a blender. Stick the ingredients in the blender and blend on low for a short time unless you like it saucy. I like it either way. Add a ice cube or two out of insanity.

Be weary of adding too much salt. Too much of a good thing is bad. And weary on all ingredients. I usually go hardcore habenaro so my taste buds are fried. Serve with chips. For extra spicyness buy extra spicy rotel. Be wary when trying to wash your mouth with mouthwash. It burns!
Me and my cousin spent hours crying over this. Eat a whole bowl to feel nauseates. Beware if you have ulcers or are prone to them.

Mint Delite

Buy peppermint sticks, melt in coffee, stir, serve with cookies or other pastries.

Double Brewed Double Buzz

CAUTION: May cause nausea, vomiting, and caffeine overdose, and its really bitter!

Simply brew a pot of coffee, pour it back in the machine as if its water for new coffee, replace filters, make more coffee.

Careful, I've drinking plenty of coffee in my days. (TRUST me.)

Mini Sandwiches

When your working at dairyqueen, sneak in the kitchen and throw some ketchup on a cracker and some vegetables! Great taste and convenient. No meat required.

Ramen Noodles
Buy.
Cook.
Enjoy.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:43 pm

Double Brewed Double Buzz
CAUTION: May cause nausea, vomiting, and caffeine overdose, and its really bitter!

Simply brew a pot of coffee, pour it back in the machine as if its water for new coffee, replace filters, make more coffee.

Careful, I've drinking plenty of coffee in my days. (TRUST me.)

I've heard this will totally wreck the insides of your coffee machine.

Trentin

Unread postby Trentin » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:48 pm

Probably... I did it a long time ago once.
Worked fine. But broke months later.
Plus my days of coffee extremage are over. Just a idea.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:26 am

I hate to say it, but if you're a regular coffee drinker, that'll ruin your machine.

Basically the coffee'll dry in the tubes and what have you's and give everything else you brew a disgusting, stale taste.

I tried to make chocolate milk in my dad's coffee brewer back in my youthful days, and we had to chuck it out, the stench and taste of stale milk is still fresh in my memory.

Trentin

Unread postby Trentin » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:19 am

Clean out with vinegar every now and then

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:49 am

Super-easy stir-fry! Totally quicker and easier than the other recipe that loser, pdRydia, posted.

STUFF:
-- stir-fry beef, pre-cut
-- frozen stir-fry veggies
-- stir-fry sauce packet + whatever it calls for for the sauce (Kikkoman stir-fry seasoning mix, which looks like this is delicious, and only calls for water)
-- wide stovetop cooking instrument (I use a pot), slotted spoon

METHODOLOGY:

[0] Free beef from container, mix up sauce, defrost veggies by placing them in colander and runing under warm water. Leave veggies in colander in sink to drip.
[1] Cook beef, pull out of pot/skillet/whatever with slotted spoon.
[2] Toss in veggies. Cook until they are at desired crunchiness (munch along the way to check).
[3] Add meat back in.
[4] Give the sauce mix a little stir and add it in.
[5] Stir everything together, mixing it up evenly; turn off stovetop, pull pot off burner, serve & enjoy!

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:26 pm

HOW CAN I TELL WHICH RECIPE FOR STIR FRY IS RIGHT FOR ME

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:32 pm

PRINT OUT THE RECIPES AND HAVE THEM BATTLE TO THE DEATH

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:58 pm

Will do, chief!

pd Rydia