Does anyone here know php?

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Nekogami

Does anyone here know php?

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:26 am

*sighs* At the risk of sounding totally lame, because I know some of you hate this place, I want to open a feedable/evolvable pet shop on Gaia Online.

Apparently, making a pet you can click an feed and after so many posts evole requires some kind of code. My guess it's php but there are any tutorials out there on G.O. pet industry that can confirm my suspicion.

I suppose the evolving part involves some kind of "if... then..." statement.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:03 pm

I do not, sadly =/

I'm a little confused at what this is, though.

You said 'posts', so, is this a shop-themed posting board or something?

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:12 am

Well, people but these things in their signatures and my initial thought was that posting was the driving factor to getting these things to evolve. Acutally, after reviewing some PHP, I don't think it's possible to do this. Instead, after so many days it evolves.

Some shops claim that RPing and fighting (through RPing) their pets it will evolve faster but without buying one of these pets I can't know if the shop owner(s) monitor this activity or what.

The oh-so uncreative idea that I have is reminiscent of Monster Rancher and uncreatively called "Sigs". I want to do something that will help me improve my art skills and give me some incentive to keep drawing since on my own, I hate my artwork so much, I can't finish something unless I'm doing it for someone else, if that makes sense.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:46 am

I think PHP could be used to automagically dispense and make timers for people to obtain these creatures, or maybe something that counts the times it's been viewed. I dunno.

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn