I GRADUATED

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Ganonfro

I GRADUATED

Unread postby Ganonfro » Thu May 31, 2007 2:27 am

... 4 years in college has taught me one thing. Going to class is the main way to graduate. Cheers to those who are still in college and are almost there!

Also, I turn 22 on Friday. GIVE ME PRESENTS FOR MY ACHIEVEMENT OF GRADUATING AND STAYING ALIVE. >:

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Unread postby WillBaseton » Thu May 31, 2007 3:15 am

Congrats, man. I just managed to survive the Four Year Journey myself, graduated back on the 13th. It's been a very lazy few weeks since then, and I've been savoring the complete lack of responsibility that come with having an English Writing degree. Sadly, that's probably not going to be lasting much longer!

Still, congrats, welcome to the alumni class of '07, and GET A JOB, YA HIPPIE!

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu May 31, 2007 10:53 am

*gives Ganon a T-shirt that says "I spent four years in college and I learned one lousy thing and also got this T-shirt"*
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Thu May 31, 2007 2:36 pm

I'm probably in for at least 5 more semesters. If not three more years.

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Thu May 31, 2007 11:34 pm

Well, now it IS my birthday. I DEMAND PRESENTS. >:(

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Unread postby WillBaseton » Thu May 31, 2007 11:48 pm

*Gives Ganon the gift of Zombie Paper! It's like fly paper, only for zombies!*

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:24 am

*Gives Ganon another T-shirt! This T-shirt is a zombie =(*
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:59 pm

*Finds the nearest circus tent to put the Zombie Paper down in, then lays in waiting at the nearest creepy hotel*

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:54 am

Minor hijack to say I also graduated. Whee!

Back in ol' Blighty now. Yanks suck again. Horray!

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:05 pm

Heh, Congrats Gus. Now that you're out of the states, we can go back to ROCKING OUT. Cause that's what we do when you English folk aren't around.

But still, congrats! What are you planning on doing now?

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:43 am

I tried to respond to this a couple nights ago, but AOL decided that this was immoral and cursed my connection for 24 hours.

First of all, I realise that I did not properly congratulate you on the anniversary of your birth. I tip my hat to you sir.

As for my plans, I have options options options! I could go back to the video game stores that previously employed me, perhaps as a manager this time. I went to a career fair and there were some interesting paths that tickled my fancy (*cue snigger*).

But I have started to think seriously about a career in University administration, or HE as a friend who works in that field calls it. I like the vibe of campus life and have been looking for a field that allows me to help others. I'm currently perusing a few websites and newspapers and there's a lot of openings available, for not bad pay amounts. Now I have to actually write a CV and then begin sending off for applications. Updates will be....sporadic....but they will come!

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn