What.

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Geesi
I fix problems.

What.

Unread postby Geesi » Tue May 15, 2007 11:13 pm

So, it appears RPG World has made its first update in over a year.

The man doesn't seem to have any commentary about it! On his journal, at least. Are we all the victims of a cruel chicanery?

Nick Shogun

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue May 15, 2007 11:22 pm

This is indeed shocking!

It looks like his style (the style from over a year ago) but I'm hesitant to commit, obviously. I'm going to bookmark the site and hope that it continues to update.
[center][url=http://photobucket.com][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/nickshogun/avatars/mega_man_psn.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue May 15, 2007 11:37 pm

*spits out his milk* HOLY CRAP! I AM ALIVE AGAIN!

Seriously, happy day. We've all been waiting a long time for this. This comic needs, at the very least, a proper ending, and i'm glad IanJ is back to it.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed May 16, 2007 12:00 am

We've all been waiting for this?
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed May 16, 2007 12:19 am

I know I haven't. Comic's good and all, but heck, it's been over a year. And IanJ's said online before that he is never going to end the comic. Heck, he's working as an animator on Venture Brothers now, he doesn't need some webcomic.

Personally, I'm assuming he's just trying to get people's hopes up so he can shatter them again, just as a big prank or troll on his fanbase or something.

glu-glu
wears confusing avatars.

Unread postby glu-glu » Wed May 16, 2007 1:55 am

"chicanery"?
sig pending...

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed May 16, 2007 3:19 am

Idran1701 wrote:Personally, I'm assuming he's just trying to get people's hopes up so he can shatter them again, just as a big prank or troll on his fanbase or something.

Quite possibly! From what I've seen, the forum had nothing but vitriol to spew considering Ian J and the comic.

I find it rather telling that any and all other links/images are absent from the site - including, of course, the link to the forum. (I wonder why kekekeke :3)

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed May 16, 2007 8:25 am

I was not actually aware that RPGW had stopped updating. And a year....well, that's only BARELY counting as 'stopped updating' in my book. But then again, I check Absurd Notions daily.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed May 16, 2007 2:39 pm

Neat!

The front of his webpage updated a while back, I kinda wondered what was up with that. He said from the beginning he planned to give the story an ending, at the least in written form.

Ah, here we go. "Note: This Podder Storyline was previously published in "Disposable Parts" anthology a few years back. (it starts here and will run daily for the next 2 weeks)." I remember reading about that back in the day and hoping to see the comic.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed May 16, 2007 4:16 pm

I don't know about his original plans, but this is what he said in the webcomics thread on SA just about 3 weeks ago.

Wolfsheim posted:

Oh you are so one to talk Mr. Too Busy With My Real Job To Finish My Stupid Comic That Wolfsheim Loved So Badly!
---
Yeah... about that...

I'm never going to finish it. Sorry

--------------

Edit: Ah, just recently started talking about the new update in the thread again, pretty much confirming what Dia pointed out. I saved and uploaded a copy of that page of the thread here if anyone's curious, since the forum's closed to lurkers at the moment: http://www.mysidia.org/nanimono/RPGWCommentary.htm

Just do a Ctrl+F for IanJ if you want to find his posts on that page.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed May 16, 2007 9:15 pm

End Reshiki wrote:Quite possibly! From what I've seen, the forum had nothing but vitriol to spew considering Ian J and the comic.

I find it rather telling that any and all other links/images are absent from the site - including, of course, the link to the forum. (I wonder why kekekeke :3)

Er, are you talking about us, or the forums Ian setup himself?

If he doesn't want to do anything to Rpg World anymore, I have no problem with it. However, I do question why he'd put something like this up in that case. You'd think he'd at least put SOMETHING on the page saying "This is just an old story I AM NOT STARTING THE COMIC DAMMIT."

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed May 16, 2007 9:17 pm

Heh, he probably thinks the only ones who check the website/still reading the comics are the HARDKORE fans who will all remember the news about him making Disposable Parts.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed May 16, 2007 9:20 pm

FF Fanatic 80 wrote:
Er, are you talking about us, or the forums Ian setup himself?

He means the other forums, not us. They were pretty vitriol-filled about the comic ending, from what I've seen of them.

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn