Christmas Lights!

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Deeum

Christmas Lights!

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:25 pm

http://fantasydragon.net/scv/bs/lights.wmv

Simply one of the coolest things I've seen in a good long while. <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: Christmas Lights!

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:18 pm

Somebody had a lot of fun with video editing. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:41 pm

I'd argue, but I can't even imagine how that could begin to be real.

... I also don't care too much. That was the spiff-ay! *gives Sarah a cookie!* <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:46 pm

What Bes said.

Was that music by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra?

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:46 pm

It could be real. In fact, I think it is, based on the reflections. All it would require is a set of computer-controlled plugs and maybe MIDI to direct them.

Anyways, that was way cool, and I want the MP3. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:22 pm

Sadly, I don't have the mp3. I want it though.

And I don't care about the authenticity of the lights. Whatever was done, it's amazing just the same. <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:10 pm

Ditto on the MP3, yo. <p>--------------------

"If I have to grab a man's ass, you can smile." -Tolaris</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:20 pm

Where's Dia when you need her?

Teh Kev

Unread postby Teh Kev » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:33 pm

Well that was ten flavors of spiffy.

I concur with Zem though, I saw some kind of goofy special on the news once about someone doing something similar to that, using a computer to control the lights and such, and having a speaker out front his house to play the music.

real or not though, twas very nifty. <p>-------------

"Pain is such a vital part in realizing one's existence."
-Albedo, Xenosaga</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:45 am

I shall get a band together and record a cover of it, simply because of my undying love for all of you.

Even Zem :3

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=capntastic>Capntastic</A]&nbsp; Image at: 11/22/05 2:40

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:35 am

NEVER FEAR, FOLKS. Zero saves the day again!

This is a link. <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:10 am

I don't understand why everybody's calling fake. I've seen more impressive light shows at rock concerts, synchronising lights with music is not an impossible task, given the right equipment. Time consuming and expensive, yes, but definitely not impossible.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:23 am

Either way:

Someone had a hell of a lot of time on their hands. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>

Nick Shogun

Hey. A dog's there.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:59 pm

Makes me think of that new movie, Monster House. <p><div style="text-align:center">
www.livejournal.com/users/jankenpo/
Jan-Ken-Po, an Online Webcomic. Updated spontaneously, and without notice!
</div></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: Hey. A dog's there.

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:47 pm

The authenticity issue is not that it is an impossible feat, just that it is an impossible feat for the average joe. Sure it would be possible to program something like that legit, but only if whoever lived there both knew how to do it and really wanted to put forth the effort. Not to mention if they could stand to have the same music loop, or loops, playing all the time. It seems far more probable to me that a much simpler (but still impressive) light pattern was recorded by some IT student or video editor who then proceeded to have fun with it.

Having said that, I would accept proof of either situation. Either way, it is an impressive and groovy thing. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=brainwalker>BrainWalker</A]&nbsp; Image at: 11/22/05 14:49

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:57 pm

And I just have syphilis. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:07 pm

Also, I think it's real because if you listen really carefully at around 2 minutes, you can hear the sound of thunder that isn't in the MP3. A video editor guy wouldn't bother to put that in. <p>-----

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:35 pm

Or it'll be from the music itself. Unless my memory fails me, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra (does the "the" belong there?) have such samples grafted into a few of their songs.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=jaksnide>Jak]&nbsp; Image at: 11/22/05 18:05

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:01 pm

But I checked the MP3, and it wasn't there. <p>-----

</span>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:52 pm

It could've possibly been, you know, a DIFFERENT music file?! Egads. <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:19 am

I don't have anything to add.

So, how's about that Avian Flu? <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

Nick Shogun

HARD GAY.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:10 am

How about that Hard Gay? <p><div style="text-align:center">
www.livejournal.com/users/jankenpo/
Jan-Ken-Po, an Online Webcomic. Updated spontaneously, and without notice!
</div></p>

Zemyla

Re: HARD GAY.

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:45 pm

EET'S SO REEEL!! <p>-----

</span>

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn