Gunstar Super Heroes, mother fucker.

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Groxley Grunk

Gunstar Super Heroes, mother fucker.

Unread postby Groxley Grunk » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:18 pm

I just bought it. Hella fun. Suffers from a bit of "Megaman and Bass syndrome" in that you can't always tell what's just off screen that can see you, but other then that it's a blast. A very hard blast, but a blast none the less.

More to come later.

Edit: Spoilers below.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

You know, unlike every other time where I just blurt everything out like an idiot.

...anyhow, Seven Force is much harder now. :D

All clear.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=groxleygrunk>Groxley] at: 11/4/05 18:43

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: Gunstar Super Heroes, mother fucker.

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:00 pm

I want it but I'm poor.

Groxley Grunk

Unread postby Groxley Grunk » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:24 pm

You will steal 30 dollars and then buy it. You will not steal the game itself, because we want to prove there is indeed a market for these sort of games so they'll make Dynamite Headdy 2 like I've been wanting them to for like 10 goddamned years now.

Anyhow, if you want me to gush about how friggin' awesome this game is just say so.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:13 am

Go on... <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:54 pm

IS IT AS WONDROUS AS THE ORIGINAL!? <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

Groxley Grunk

Unread postby Groxley Grunk » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:47 pm

Okay, here goes. I warn you I'm very tired so this whole thing won't make a damn bit of sense. Also, it's filled with ugly, evil, life runining spoilers.

This isn't going to be a review. I do not do those. This is just gonna be me talking about it in a frank matter.

First things first: This is not a sequel, it is a remake.

Now, you may be asking things like: "Sheet. The first game was perfect, son. Why the fu-diddly-uk would they wanna remake the damn thing?" My answer is: Because it's another excuse to fight Seven Force.

To be honest, that's all the game needed to be worthwhile to me. I'll spend entire lunch hours at work just perfecting my fight against him on hard mode.

Oh, it's also worth mentioning that I mistook "difficulty" with "Learning to adjust to a new playstyle" in that fight. You can now make your little mecah-mcdoo float in the middle of the screen in the rail cart level. It also changes it's form depending on what it's doing. It's this meca-panther thing on the ground, a duck in the air, a scorpion on the celing, and a bug on the walls. It's pretty keen.

The various bits and pieces that everyone was worried about from previews really don't bug me all that much. Lack of two player mode kind of bugs me, but I didn't get to play the oringinal with two people that much so it's not that big a loss. You don't get to pick up weapons as you fight and combo them, but you won't miss them in the heat of battle. The ablity to switch between three weapons that pretty much equal the firepower of any comboed gun from the first is handy, and it opens up some useful options while fighting.

One thing that I really hate, however, is the stupid shooter section they added before you get to Orange's airship. It's akward to control, and near impossible to get through on hard. Fuckin' pain in the ass and unneccary.

I'll touch on the story abit, as I've been putting way too much thought into it then I should be. The intro makes you belive that the game is supposed to pick up after the last one, but it doesn't say how long ago that it took place. All the characters are pretty much exactly the same as they where and they share the same names as before... but from what I understand they're all supposed to be totally different folks. One of the largest supporting dealies about this is the fact that Red is now female for some reason. The largest thing that detracts from this is the fact that Blue recalls encountering Pink, Black, and Orange before. We can blame this confusion on either a poor localization, or the fact that the people who make up Treasure drop acid on a regular basis. Anyhoo, dispite all this crap, the story is pretty much a carbon copy of what it was in the last game. But playing on different difficulty levels reveals more background about characters and such, so that's pretty awsome.

Anyhow to sum up:

Seven Force: Still Awesome.

Retarded shooter level: Retarded.

Story: I don't even wanna think about it.

Game overall: Buy it or I'll hit you.

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:14 am

Ah, but is Seven Force harder than the Alien Soldier incarnation? And, of course, by Alien Soldier incarnation, I totally mean "Fucking impossible to beat Sirene Force/fifth form/goddamn motherfucking asshole thing" <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Groxley Grunk

Unread postby Groxley Grunk » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:00 pm

Fuck if I know. We're not talking about Alien Soldier, though. We're talking about Gunstar Super Heroes.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:12 pm

Just got the game and a Gameboy Advance SP today.

On a TOTALLY unrelated note, you people may not see me online for a little while. ... Totally unrelated. Really.

*plays* <p>

ikozaedro

Unread postby ikozaedro » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:14 am

i fucking hate seven force and the way it keeps kicking, not, wait, FUCKING my ass.

thus, i love the game. <p><div style="text-align:center"> <span style="color:fuchsia;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:large;">LAMBO SWIMS LIKE A BRICK!!</span>
my deviant art thingy!
quote:
"I've been to heaven and hell and i still don't know if there is a god or a devil"
-Nny</div>
</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:17 am

I am still up for playing the original online with anyone so long as you don't mind me being a chaser whore!

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:15 pm

I've been waiting for someone to play online with me! Get on AIM and we'll arrange a time.

Well, after I eat. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:46 pm

... Now that I've played it for a while, this isn't nearly as fun as I thought it was. No offense to people who like it, but... the game makers must have been lazy as fuck. What in the hell.

Just... arg. It's new. So I can't say WHY it agravates me now. I have to let people play, so it's not "ZOMG SPOILERS" =D Grrr.

That said, IM me if you want to know. Blar. <p>

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn