To all you bastards that play KoL!

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

To all you bastards that play KoL!

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:43 pm

I would like thy petrified time. I'm willing to work out a trade for you. :{ Like, Clockwork stuff, or being your immortal slave, or something along those lines. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">ImageImage</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Proud NaNoWriMo-er, and sick, sick photoshop user! =D</div></p>

GC130A

Re: To all you bastards that play KoL!

Unread postby GC130A » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:00 pm

What about a swanky million meat?

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:57 pm

I will trade you my petrified time for one set of time equipment and one petrified time.

And GC, one million meat would be a horrible undersale compared to the going rate in the mall.

Edit: Or not. Wow, the price certainly plummeted in the last few days. Still, though, the cheapest price at the moment is 1,125,000 for one. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=idran1701>Idran1701</A] at: 11/4/05 20:00

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Well...

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:37 pm

What I was really hoping for was that someone who no longer really plays KoL, yet still has a character, would give me their Petrified time. :{ But other than that...hells, I'm kinda praying that Jick gives me some in exchange for -all- my stuff in Hangk's storage being gone. I'm sure that, all of it together, it would've sold for about a million meat...

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: Well...

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:51 pm

Ah. That sucks. :(

If you missed it, he does want people to let him know through the Bug Report system if they're still missing stuff from Hagnk's. <p>

</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:12 am

50K meat, plus the best equipment my char can equip. And powerleveling tips! <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:10 am

Cha's deal makes me smile. I will quite gladly give him such, if he only gives me a name to message him by.

I'm Tolaris. And I'm kinda-sorta taking advantage of you. =D <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Proud NaNoWriMo-er, and sick, sick photoshop user! =D</div></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:31 am

Charlo the Turtlacious. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:56 am

Sorry, Sage. I've already put mine to good use. I do intend to purchase the full set once I get out of hardcore mode (so very close...) And I'm sure I can lend it to you just prior to going after my next plexiglass item. After all, it's not like I'll have any great use for it in hardcore mode. Fail to return it, however, and you will be destroyed. <p>Centuries of threats of "I'll turn you all to stone!" and "I'll knock you all down!" have caused Domans to develop an instinct to form small groups. For safety, I assure you. – Keir</p>

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:01 am

I want 50,000 meat and I want a detailed explanation of how to get through that damned Degrassi Knoll quest where you have to build a car and go on vacation, which I haven't been able to figure out for almost four months now even though it's probably incredibly simple and its really pissing me off. That is all.

Account name is Largo Lugomeier.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:09 am

*ahem*

You need an engine
Having tires would help too.
They must be stylin'

Edit: KMail me for further details if this doesn't help, so spoilers aren't posted on the board. :O

User name Idran. <p>

</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=idran1701>Idran1701</A] at: 11/5/05 7:10

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:35 pm

I've managed to complete that quest now by *spoiler*, so I'll let the petrified time go for just 50,000 if the same buyer is still interested. Am I crazy? Certainly. However, that does not make me a bad person.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:25 am

...I would buy your petrified time for 50k. o_o <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:51 am

Well, I don't think Sage is interested or he would have proposed a trade by now.

... Go ahead and propose the trade if you want. I already had my other character sell hers, and then I spent everything on clan warfare until I got tired of that, so I don't really have any more use for huge amounts of meat anyway. Plus, I'm not all that impressed with time equipment since a chrome sword would be just as useful and more powerful.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:19 pm

Yeah, except a Time Trappings outfit, apparently, gives you an extra fifteen adventuers.

It rocks. =D

Also, I've been short on meat lately. That's why I didn't buy it. But eh, go ahead and sell it to others. <p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:20 pm

An extra twelve, actually. +3 from each piece of equipment and +3 for the full outfit. <p>

</p>

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:48 am

Alright, I'm going to come to my senses and decide to keep the thing before I end up regretting it.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:40 am

The time sword is the same as the chrome sword, yes (lesser, actually, because it's not as good a weapon and it costs a lot), but the time pants and time hat are indispensible, because there are no comparable items. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

"Even if you have lots of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye."
-Dungeons and Dragons Player's Handbook v3.5, page 145

"I don't know who's a bigger fool: Him for going, you for following, or me for not leaving you both."
-Demona, Gargoyles (Episode 11: Long Way to Morning)</p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:43 am

True, but the time sword may as well be considered indispensible because of the rest of the outfit being rated as such, just because of the extra +3 adventures/day outfit boost. <p>

</p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:51 am

True, true. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

"Even if you have lots of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye."

"I don't know who's a bigger fool: Him for going, you for following, or me for not leaving you both."

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:21 pm

However, the chrome sword has only normally been sold for between 1000 and 3000 meat at the mall so far. If three extra adventures per day have only been worth 3000 meat, then 12 extra adventures per day would only be worth 12,000 meat. So if someone bought the whole set right now, he would be paying over two million meat for a tattoo and the novelty of a "rare" outfit.

Even if I had enough meat to buy the whole thing right now, I would rather wait until the price came down considerably.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:44 pm

...That's...a really optimistic and uninformed outlook, honestly, Seethe. For one, it won't go down in price, because there's a limited supply. There won't be more petrified times introduced into the economy, so the only way you could bring down the price would be to buy up a whole punch of unused ones and make more time equipment, which probably won't happen. That's like saying you'll wait to get a Crimbo outfit when the price drops: you'll be waiting a heck of a long time.

Plus...you can't say +3 adventures = 3000 meat. Look at the price of an imitation nice watch, after all, which isn't even part of an outfit. And any arguments you give about the price being affected by rarity apply just as well to the time outfit. <p>

</p>

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:24 am

But the price is decreasing. When it first came out, it plummeted from 6 million to 2 million in about a week, I think. Now the lowest price is less than 900,000. I would at least prefer to wait until the price bottoms out before I buy it. Of course, by the time I have enough money to buy it, it probably will have bottomed out.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:25 am

But other people will buy those up as well and eventually the price will rocket to the moon. You need to read an economics book, buster.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:12 am

Ah, I see what you mean. From what you first said I thought you meant until time equipment dropped in price toa few thousand itself. Well, I get the feeling that if it hasn't bottomed out yet it will shortly. I doubt it will fall much below where it is over the long term, maybe a minimum of 800,000 meat average for it. <p>

</p>

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:51 am

But other people will buy those up as well and eventually the price will rocket to the moon. You need to read an economics book, buster.

So I would have been better off selling my petrified time when it was worth 6 million meat so that I could buy up a bunch of them now and sell the extras after they skyrocket.

Missed opportunity. I shall carry this shame with me eternally.

*slashes wrists and listens to Evanescence*

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:04 am

Yeah...even if all that was a factor was supply and demand in an economy, what Zero described isn't even a correct interpretation of it in this situation. It's far more likely to end up with an extremely slow increase after the bottoming out, as petrified times are removed from the market slowly by either collectors or smiths. But there's no way it's ever going to "rocket up" unless one person buys up a majority of the petrified time, which barring another bugmeat incident, isn't going to happen. <p>

</p>

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:18 pm

Indeed. Give me two days and I can give you, if I'm lucky in my mining, more than twenty chrome swords. Petrified time? No way. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:08 pm

Oh, I thought he was planning on buying some. MY BAD, DUDES.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:42 pm

That is to be expected. My thoughts are all so disconcerted because of the cold I've got right now that I barely even know what I'm trying to say.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:57 pm

I am buying all Cola War memorabilia. :D

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn