Raise your hand...

Mmm, spam. Light discussion and silliness!

Moderators: BrainWalker, FlamingDeth, PriamNevhausten

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri May 04, 2007 11:59 pm

The WiFi battles are a lot faster than linking up on normal gameboys.

Plus there's some ridiculous mining minigame where you can place traps to mess your friends up while you get loot. It's weird, has nothing to do with pokemons, and reminds me of Zelda Four Swords in a good way.

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Sat May 05, 2007 1:12 pm

But you can mine for hours. HOURS.

...It's so fun! Anyways, I'm about to go through Victory Road. You can catch the Pokemon on the cover of your particular game pretty easily. It took me like 2 Ultra Balls to get it.

Anyways, the wifi stuff is so awesome. I'll talk more on this later! :D

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun May 06, 2007 11:17 pm

Since i'm dumb and don't know how this works: What's the appropriate time in waiting for you to catch something on a tree slathered with honey? Do you have to keep the game on till something is caught or can you wander off for a while and come back whenever to see if you catch something?

I've been trying various trees and coming back with them empty and void of honey goodness. Some tips? :nyoron:

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon May 07, 2007 12:26 am

Deeum wrote:Since i'm dumb and don't know how this works: What's the appropriate time in waiting for you to catch something on a tree slathered with honey? Do you have to keep the game on till something is caught or can you wander off for a while and come back whenever to see if you catch something?

I've been trying various trees and coming back with them empty and void of honey goodness. Some tips? :nyoron:

Yes someone please answer this :( I have wasted all my good slathering honey and have to use the stuff that comes from a spray can now!

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Tue May 08, 2007 3:17 pm

It takes 7 hours. You can come back to it later, and the tree should be shaking.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue May 08, 2007 8:12 pm

What if you don't return for a few days?

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Wed May 09, 2007 4:10 pm

No idea, honestly.

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Unread postby WillBaseton » Thu May 10, 2007 3:59 am

I've heard either they disappear or whatever was supposed to spawn there goes down a rank. There's probably some site that's figured it out officially though.

Also: The Male Hero's hat is stupid. :[

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Fri May 11, 2007 11:47 pm

Ahh. You have to wait 7-9 hours. After that, I believe it disappears, or so a friend mentioned.

Beret = POWER.

FlameRaven
Geek of Many Colors

Unread postby FlameRaven » Sat May 12, 2007 5:57 pm

...slathering honey on trees? WTF?

I did end up picking up a ROM of Pokemon Emerald, which is pretty entertaining... except for the fact that there's barely any decent pokemon to build a team with, at least where I'm at in the game. I hate having to level new pokemon all the time because I suddenly found a replacement for a previous one.
[url=http://parallelparchment.com]Parallel Parchment[/url]|[url=http://flameraven.deviantart.com]dA[/url]|[url=http://flameybird_art.livejournal.com]Sketch Journal[/url]

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Sat May 12, 2007 9:08 pm

That's part of the thing I never got about the Pokemon games. Yeah, I can understand the allure of catching one of each species, but keeping them all leveled? No way! I would do in Pokemon exactly what I did in Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis: Use one group of Pokemon and get them high enough level to defeat any enemy, regardless of how inappropriate they would be for the fight at a comparable level.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sat May 12, 2007 9:19 pm

I pretty much power through the plot with a group of overlevelled titans and then the metagame, for me, is going back and capturing and evolving all the rest I've missed.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat May 12, 2007 10:32 pm

The coin came up heads. Got Diamond. Will let you know how it goes.

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Mon May 14, 2007 4:41 am

I joined the Penny Arcade forum to capitalize on trading and such.

Previous

Return to Kotoki's Bar and Inn