It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 pm

News News of Fanfiction and Other Writings

Site map of Fanfiction and Other Writings » Forum : Fanfiction and Other Writings

For artistic creations in text format.

Ten Percent

This is a story I wrote for a fiction-writing class I'm taking. It's kind of long, but I like it. Criticism is welcome, of course.

_________

Ten Percent

I woke up with a red-hot knife of pain cutting through the sensitive bits in my head.

“Jesus!” I screamed, sitting bolt upright and jamming the heels of my hands into my eyes.

I felt a word appear in my head, originating from somewhere outside. Sorry. ...
Read more : Ten Percent | Views : 4427 | Replies : 1

My Geology final paper: Kami no Kage Niwa

It sucks but I got a perfect grade.

“Kami no Kage niwa...”
In the Shadow of a God

By: Amanda Troutman
Dedicated to:
Geology 110-002, 8 March 2006
And
My Loving Mother, Mollie

Anticipated Grade: 10

The phone rang at 5:30am at Yamanaka Ryuuma’s bedside. He rolled over and tried to ignore it. It was strange to a get a call this early unless it was an emergency but Ryuuma was never convinced that anything ...
Read more : My Geology final paper: Kami no Kage Niwa | Views : 4396 | Replies : 0

Contemplations of a Pervert (MAC fic)

Decisions…decisions…

It’s kind of funny, you know. I may be the only one contemplating what to choose off of this shelf here; not for lack of money, given that I just got my pay, but instead what suits my tastes. In fact, I bet most of the people who come here have only a very general idea insofar as what they want, and randomly pick the first thing that comes to mind. Of course, people ...
Read more : Contemplations of a Pervert (MAC fic) | Views : 3973 | Replies : 0

A Developing Piece of Fiction.

Okay, so a novel that I've been working on for over 3 years...I've decided to start posting it online in a serial format in hopes of getting some true feedback. It's science-fiction/action, definitely has many fantasy/manga elements as well. If any of you are bored or interested in reading something, check it out. I have the first 4 up so far, but I will add more soon and at regular intervals.

I've put a countless ...
Read more : A Developing Piece of Fiction. | Views : 4202 | Replies : 0

2Gen - Correspondence

Ms. Sparrowmoon,

I was flipping through Strange Occurrences (A Practical Guide to Dealing With the Unexpected, Unnatural, and Just Plain Weird in Everyday Life) the other night, and I had a question. You mentioned that it's possible to separate a ghost from its focus by placing a persistent blessing on the object or place to cause a... well, comparable to an allergic reaction in the ghost.

I think you're absolutely right about that, and have ...
Read more : 2Gen - Correspondence | Views : 6731 | Replies : 5

Additional letters from Search for a Cure

Sir,

As you are no doubt aware by this point, the city of Rivaran is in ruins. Regrettably, at this point we have only speculation as to the cause. I can only assume that our agents in the city perished during the catastrophe.

The bulk of rumours, naturally, centre around dragons. Any arson against a Rivan town must surely be the doing of a dragon. Other rumours, less prevalent and possibly no more reliable, refer ...
Read more : Additional letters from Search for a Cure | Views : 4152 | Replies : 0

Bas'l's letters home

"Dear Mama,

"Hello, Mama, how are you doing? Have you gotten better from the cough you suffered last cold season? How is Papa? I trust he is taking good care of you. I do hope our garden is growing well and the business thrives at the restaurant. How are my siblings? Is Gen'jr still making eyes at that trader lad from Beldad? He is trouble, I wager--it is a good thing you have T'yme, Syn'ammon ...
Read more : Bas'l's letters home | Views : 5846 | Replies : 4

Terra's backstory

This is going to come in chunks as I write it.

<center>_____________________</center>

It was a cold morning; colder than usual for this area of the mountains. Frost lined the edges of pine needles and traced the outlines of the roots on the ground. A young dragon peeked her head out of her den to see the sun begin to rise in the sky. She was still no more than a baby, really; only six years ...
Read more : Terra's backstory | Views : 8946 | Replies : 10

The (Mis)Adventures of Kite and Mercutio

(This first installment is essentially an edited log of an RP between myself and Oniichan. All you really need to know is that previously Kite attempted to convince Mercutio to swim, and then Yadali showed up and made both of them rather uncomfortable.)

I. Family Secrets

The day started off well, with the warm sun quickly warming the island. The Tourists take the relatively enjoyable morning to explore the more 'exotic' locals of the island ...
Read more : The (Mis)Adventures of Kite and Mercutio | Views : 8029 | Replies : 8

The Letters of Search for a Cure

(Note: I know the comma use is a little rough here, and there are a couple of run-on sentences, but these are actually purposeful. Any grammar problems outside those two, however, are all me.)

Session 1

Dear Mom,

I just arrived in Rivaran earlier today. Now, before you worry too much, I'm fine. I know you're going to worry when I describe this, but I was lucky enough that I came out lightly from it. ...
Read more : The Letters of Search for a Cure | Views : 5431 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 127608 • Total topics 4001 • Total members 141

Yalogank