It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:50 am

News News of Discussion Forum

Site map of Discussion Forum » Forum : Discussion Forum

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Possible Intermittent SQL Errors *Resolved*

I just ran into a strange SQL error on the board software that Shini pointed me towards, and I'm not sure I'll be able to easily pin it down myself. If anyone else runs into an SQL error when editing a post, let me know, specifically one that says "Duplicate entry '[' for key 'post_text'" in the error description. What I do know: it seems to be related to editing a post that contains BBCode. ...
Read more : Possible Intermittent SQL Errors *Resolved* | Views : 5709 | Replies : 1

It pisses me off

I recently got into a discussion with a friend of mine over IMs.

He's complaining about how society expects you to conform to a model of life, and how it was better way back when you didn't feel this anxiety over fulfilling these expectations, longing after meaningless material things and being a slave of a large, faceless mass of people.

He further went on to complain about how we've developed cures for ADD that makes ...
Read more : It pisses me off | Views : 14451 | Replies : 13

Shameless Boasting

Look what we have!

Handfasting hasn't happened yet, and we won't be doing any of the legal end of things for quite some time (changing of names, signing of various contracts, big parties with food and booze, etc), but we have our indestructible engagement rings. Look at them!
Read more : Shameless Boasting | Views : 12736 | Replies : 13

Room in our room at PAX!

I am very soon going to book a four-person room for PAX East for me, Darkknight, Christian, and one or more friends. It is currently (like, if I do this right now) $229.00 a night for the three nights we'll have the room. I know at Otakon it is customary to shove in as many people as the physical dimensions of the room can endure, so this is what we poor students are planning to ...
Read more : Room in our room at PAX! | Views : 11872 | Replies : 12

Helping the Haitians

OK, so you probably already heard about the earthquakes that are pounding the shit out of Haiti. Want to help? Cool.

Impact Your World

This is a list of charitable organizations that you can contribute to to give the people of Haiti a well-needed helping hand. Also, you can send the word HAITI to 90999, and it'll immediately take $10 off your cell bill to help out with the relief effort. Or text YELE to ...
Read more : Helping the Haitians | Views : 5130 | Replies : 0

So I heard a story about New Jersey...

No Gay Marriage?

Ha, wow. Yeah. :nyoron:
Read more : So I heard a story about New Jersey... | Views : 5752 | Replies : 1

Catholic Bishops Enact Plan For “300,000 Terri Schiavos”

For fuck's sake, people.
The US Conference of Catholic Bishops released an “Ethical and Religious Directive” this month that would ban any Catholic hospital, nursing home or hospice program from removing feeding tubes or ending palliative procedures of any kind, even when the individual has an advance directive to guide their end-of-life care. The Bishops’ directive even notes that patient suffering is redemptive and brings the individual closer to Christ. (...)

A 60Minutes piece this ...
Read more : Catholic Bishops Enact Plan For “300,000 Terri Schiavos” | Views : 9504 | Replies : 8

Interracial couple in Louisiana denied marriage license

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/16/louisi ... .marriage/
Interracial couple in Louisiana denied marriage license
NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (CNN) -- Civil rights advocates in eastern Louisiana are calling for a justice of the peace of Tangipahoa Parish to resign after he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple.
Terence McKay claims a justice of the peace refused to give him and his white girlfriend a marriage license.

Terence McKay claims a justice ...
Read more : Interracial couple in Louisiana denied marriage license | Views : 7225 | Replies : 4

So, Dave

You've not been online or posted to the board in a long time. Are you ok out there?
Read more : So, Dave | Views : 17074 | Replies : 20

Going to the Americas?

Well, I posted this on my devart account, but I figured I'd bring it up here as well.

I've decided I should pay the big US of A (and maybe even the Ca...uh... Canada), and I will therefore, for that reason, start saving money. Having a full-time job, this is in fact a possibility.

So, obviously, I need to go places. I would prefer to go from the east coast to the west coast, and ...
Read more : Going to the Americas? | Views : 48266 | Replies : 38

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 127608 • Total topics 4001 • Total members 141

Yalogank