It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:09 am

News News of Discussion Forum

Site map of Discussion Forum » Forum : Discussion Forum

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Maryland Renn Fest '09!

MARYLAND/VIRGINIA/DC AREA RPGWWERS:

Does anyone already have definite plans for the day/days they're going to the MRF? We should totally make some plans, if no one's got any.

THE FESTIVAL RUNS:
August:
29, 30
September:
5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
October:
3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25

From my personal RL friends, I expect to come with a group of somewhere between three (me, Darkknight, ElComodoro) and roughly twelve, ...
Read more : Maryland Renn Fest '09! | Views : 7296 | Replies : 5

Giving and Taking

Hey, it's me again.

I, like a lot of white people you've probably heard claim it a thousand times, have some Native American ancestry. Leaving aside the complicated implications of that (and what it really says about what happened to all these Native American women who got carried off to white settlements to have settlers' kids), I do feel I owe something to them.

I seldom can find anything to pay the debt that I ...
Read more : Giving and Taking | Views : 5253 | Replies : 0

Dow runs scared from water

Dow runs scared from water.
"B'EAU-PAL" WATER SCARES DOW EXECS INTO HIDING

Plans to contribute to climate action in lead-up to Copenhagen begin to take shape

London - A new, beautifully-designed line of bottled water - this time not from the melting Alps, nor from faraway, clean-water-deprived Fiji, but rather from the contaminated ground near the site of the 1984 Bhopal catastrophe - scared Dow Chemical's London management team into hiding today. (...)

Had they ...
Read more : Dow runs scared from water | Views : 5373 | Replies : 0

Mass. Sues Feds Over Definition of Marriage

Mass. Sues Feds Over Definition of Marriage
The Massachusetts lawsuit challenges the section of the federal law that creates a federal definition of marriage as "a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife."

Before the law was passed, Coakley said, the federal government recognized that defining marital status was the "exclusive prerogative of the states." Now, because of the U.S. law's definition of marriage, same-sex couples are denied access to ...
Read more : Mass. Sues Feds Over Definition of Marriage | Views : 13096 | Replies : 13

Otakon 2009?

My friend is dragging me along to my first Otakon. Is anybody else gonna be there and wants to meet up with me? I promise I'm sexy in real life.
Read more : Otakon 2009? | Views : 5422 | Replies : 1

HTML conversion partially complete

I'm still running the script in order to convert the old ezBoard posts, but many of them, and all the phpbb2 posts, with HTML should be converted over at this point. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Read more : HTML conversion partially complete | Views : 5667 | Replies : 1

Political videos and happenings (56k warning)

Since I just found this amazing video today, I thought it would be a good excuse to start up a general political video thread. Basic summary: Mancow Muller, a right-wing talk radio guy out of Chicago, gets waterboarded to see what it's like. He lasts 7 seconds, and at the end of it, he literally flips completely around on his opinion of it and admits that it is "absolutely torture".

Read more : Political videos and happenings (56k warning) | Views : 6008 | Replies : 1

Troy Anthony Davis

I wanted to talk to some of you about Troy Anthony Davis. Today is Troy's Global Day of Action through Amnesty International, and in that spirit I wanted to tell you a bit about what's going on. I wanted to tell you how you can do very small and easy things that could save a man's life, just like it has been saved before by people doing exactly what many of you are about to ...
Read more : Troy Anthony Davis | Views : 8829 | Replies : 3

PHPBB3 Upgrade May 16th, starting 7 PM Pacific/10 PM Eastern

Just letting people know that some time in the near future, I'll be upgrading the board to PHPBB3, so there might be some downtime, and things might look and work a little different. There will be no posts lost, though. Once I have a specific date, I'll update this announcement.

Edit: I'll be updating the board on the 16th, starting at 7 PM my time. The board will be closed while the update is in ...
Read more : PHPBB3 Upgrade May 16th, starting 7 PM Pacific/10 PM Eastern | Views : 6472 | Replies : 1

PAX East

So, this is a thing I'm pretty sure I'm going to attend. I haven't actually done any research yet on how I'm going to make that happen, but I do still have 11 months.

Their website apparently went up recently, and they're already taking reservations, so I figure this might be a good time to start talking about it. Figure out who else might be interested in attending. Shit like this is always better with ...
Read more : PAX East | Views : 26560 | Replies : 29

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 127608 • Total topics 4001 • Total members 141

Yalogank